XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!! 
Author Message
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!

Hi All,
Have just done a clean install of XP Pro and now CW5.5 will not start. It
justs gets to the SV Banner and hangs. Did a full backup of all the c55
folder and sub folders prior and it will not run from there either. Ran the
5.5h patch again just in case and that appears all OK. Red file is ok. Must
be an ini file that's missing. Can anyone help?
Regards
Neville Wright


Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:50:42 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Neville -
    Some things to check
    Check the %systemroot% definition in win.ini
    Do you have a default printer assigned and available?
    Make sure your version of XP has all updates installed.
    Some video cards have also been problematic

--
Bob Diver


Quote:
> Hi All,
> Have just done a clean install of XP Pro and now CW5.5 will not start. It
> justs gets to the SV Banner and hangs. Did a full backup of all the c55
> folder and sub folders prior and it will not run from there either. Ran
the
> 5.5h patch again just in case and that appears all OK. Red file is ok.
Must
> be an ini file that's missing. Can anyone help?
> Regards
> Neville Wright



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:11:16 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Default printer. Not networked.

--

Steve Parker

--------------------------------------------------
kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0
--------------------------------------------------

"The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."


Quote:
> Hi All,
> Have just done a clean install of XP Pro and now CW5.5 will not start. It
> justs gets to the SV Banner and hangs. Did a full backup of all the c55
> folder and sub folders prior and it will not run from there either. Ran
the
> 5.5h patch again just in case and that appears all OK. Red file is ok.
Must
> be an ini file that's missing. Can anyone help?
> Regards
> Neville Wright



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:28:02 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Steve, Bob,

Is there any way around this?  I use a notebook on the road most of the
time, and curently don't have a default directly attached printer.  Even at
home, I use my wifes.  I currently have a w2000 notebook, but I'll soon be
purchasing an XP.

    Randy Long


Quote:
> Default printer. Not networked.

> --

> Steve Parker

> --------------------------------------------------
> kb and download center at:
>      www.par2.com
> KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0
> --------------------------------------------------

> "The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."



> > Hi All,
> > Have just done a clean install of XP Pro and now CW5.5 will not start.
It
> > justs gets to the SV Banner and hangs. Did a full backup of all the c55
> > folder and sub folders prior and it will not run from there either. Ran
> the
> > 5.5h patch again just in case and that appears all OK. Red file is ok.
> Must
> > be an ini file that's missing. Can anyone help?
> > Regards
> > Neville Wright



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:40:50 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Just install a non-network printer driver.  I have HP III for this purpose,
even though I do not have that printer.

--
Russ Eggen
www.radfusion.com


Steve, Bob,

Is there any way around this?  I use a notebook on the road most of the
time, and curently don't have a default directly attached printer.  Even at
home, I use my wifes.  I currently have a w2000 notebook, but I'll soon be
purchasing an XP.

    Randy Long



Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:51:19 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Randy,

Quote:
> Is there any way around this?  I use a notebook on the road most of the

I've installed a freebee PDF driver and set that as default printer.
When I do, accidently, hit some print-button, I get the
report presented on my screen in PDF-format<g>

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:45:57 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Maarten,

What Freebee PDF driver do you use?
Do you have a download link?

Quote:
>Randy,

>> Is there any way around this?  I use a notebook on the road most of the
>I've installed a freebee PDF driver and set that as default printer.
>When I do, accidently, hit some print-button, I get the
>report presented on my screen in PDF-format<g>



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 05:17:29 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. Tracked it down to one line in the Win.ini. The
line with exename was missing!! Added that back and all systems go.
Regards
Nev

[Clarion 5.5]
bin=BIN\
root=C:\C55\
exename=C55PE
workdir=C:\C55\BIN\


Maarten,

What Freebee PDF driver do you use?
Do you have a download link?

Quote:
>Randy,

>> Is there any way around this?  I use a notebook on the road most of the
>I've installed a freebee PDF driver and set that as default printer.
>When I do, accidently, hit some print-button, I get the
>report presented on my screen in PDF-format<g>



Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:58:50 GMT  
 XP install stops CW5.5 from running.Help!!!
Alan,

Quote:
>What Freebee PDF driver do you use?

Dunno cos I didn't care<g> Just wanted my NB to run.
Quote:
>Do you have a download link?

Do a search 'free PDF driver' on Google and
you'll get over a million hits<g>

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.08EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

"I know what I know but I do not know what you don't know"



Tue, 08 Nov 2005 03:17:30 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Programs Run Slower After You Install Windows XP SP-1

2. I can't get LabVIEW 6.1 to install properly on a computer running XP.

3. I can't install LabVIEW 6.1 on a new Dell Machine running XP pro

4. I can't get LabVIEW 6.1 to install properly on a computer running XP.

5. HELP: how can i stop a running process

6. Help!!!!......Install and run ada 2.07 for winNT3.5 without C++2.0

7. Help install & run Tix on Win95

8. CW2 vs CW5 - GPF when starting CW2 after installing CW5B2

9. On windows XP, C programs called by TclTk stop suddently

10. CW5 App runs slow on Novell

11. CW5.5EE, the Run command and Win2k Pro

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software