_ in table file names Help Please!!
Author Message
 _ in table file names Help Please!!

Hi

I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my data, I
have noticed that the
file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable extensively,
i.e.

CUS:Work_TelNo
CUS:Work_FaxNo
CUS:Work_CompanyName

Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my fields
and redoing all my forms?

TIA
Marcus

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:20:13 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
This problem only occurs when using the coverter in Dic Editor.
Is there a fix? or do I have to write a manual conversion program?

Thanks Marcus

Quote:
> Hi

> I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my data,
> have noticed that the
> file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
extensively,
> i.e.

> CUS:Work_TelNo
> CUS:Work_FaxNo
> CUS:Work_CompanyName

> Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
fields
> and redoing all my forms?

> TIA
> Marcus

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:19:30 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
Hi Marcus

How do you convert your files?
I've just tried to convert a file with 2 fields:

CUSS:Work_TelNo
CUS:Work_CompanyName

(I created a dummy dictionary, generated some data and then changed both
fields from String 20 to string 200)
C5 dictionary default converter does it without any problems!
So you just try to browse your file from dictionary.
Clarion says something like: "File structure is different.
                                            Do you want to convert?"
And on YES it does it. No fields are screwed up whatsoever!
:-(
Regards
Alexander

Quote:
> Hi

> I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my data,
> have noticed that the
> file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
extensively,
> i.e.

> CUS:Work_TelNo
> CUS:Work_FaxNo
> CUS:Work_CompanyName

> Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
fields
> and redoing all my forms?

> TIA
> Marcus

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:26:59 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
I installed my Clarion 5 on my C:\CLARION5 and use the Clarion 5 to read the
Data Dictionary and also to click the 'Convert' button within it.  No other
solution, unless you use File Manager 2.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Hi Marcus

> How do you convert your files?
> I've just tried to convert a file with 2 fields:

> CUSS:Work_TelNo
> CUS:Work_CompanyName

> (I created a dummy dictionary, generated some data and then changed both
> fields from String 20 to string 200)
> C5 dictionary default converter does it without any problems!
> So you just try to browse your file from dictionary.
> Clarion says something like: "File structure is different.
>                                             Do you want to convert?"
> And on YES it does it. No fields are screwed up whatsoever!
> :-(
> Regards
> Alexander

> > Hi

> > I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> > when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my
data,
> > have noticed that the
> > file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> > this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
> extensively,
> > i.e.

> > CUS:Work_TelNo
> > CUS:Work_FaxNo
> > CUS:Work_CompanyName

> > Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
> fields
> > and redoing all my forms?

> > TIA
> > Marcus

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:38:50 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
Hi Alexander,

This problem only exists in Clarion 5.5

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Hi Marcus

> How do you convert your files?
> I've just tried to convert a file with 2 fields:

> CUSS:Work_TelNo
> CUS:Work_CompanyName

> (I created a dummy dictionary, generated some data and then changed both
> fields from String 20 to string 200)
> C5 dictionary default converter does it without any problems!
> So you just try to browse your file from dictionary.
> Clarion says something like: "File structure is different.
>                                             Do you want to convert?"
> And on YES it does it. No fields are screwed up whatsoever!
> :-(
> Regards
> Alexander

> > Hi

> > I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> > when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my
data,
> > have noticed that the
> > file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> > this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
> extensively,
> > i.e.

> > CUS:Work_TelNo
> > CUS:Work_FaxNo
> > CUS:Work_CompanyName

> > Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
> fields
> > and redoing all my forms?

> > TIA
> > Marcus

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:40:10 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
Sorry, i dident mention that no problem in C5 only in C55

Has anyone seen a fix for the c55 Dic converter?

Thanks
Marcus

Quote:
> Hi Marcus

> How do you convert your files?
> I've just tried to convert a file with 2 fields:

> CUSS:Work_TelNo
> CUS:Work_CompanyName

> (I created a dummy dictionary, generated some data and then changed both
> fields from String 20 to string 200)
> C5 dictionary default converter does it without any problems!
> So you just try to browse your file from dictionary.
> Clarion says something like: "File structure is different.
>                                             Do you want to convert?"
> And on YES it does it. No fields are screwed up whatsoever!
> :-(
> Regards
> Alexander

> > Hi

> > I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> > when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my
data,
> > have noticed that the
> > file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> > this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
> extensively,
> > i.e.

> > CUS:Work_TelNo
> > CUS:Work_FaxNo
> > CUS:Work_CompanyName

> > Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
> fields
> > and redoing all my forms?

> > TIA
> > Marcus

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:21:47 GMT
 _ in table file names Help Please!!
I have experienced this bug in C55H, but reverting to C55G solves it for me.

Tim Down

Quote:

> Sorry, i dident mention that no problem in C5 only in C55

> Has anyone seen a fix for the c55 Dic converter?

> Thanks
> Marcus

> > Hi Marcus

> > How do you convert your files?
> > I've just tried to convert a file with 2 fields:

> > CUSS:Work_TelNo
> > CUS:Work_CompanyName

> > (I created a dummy dictionary, generated some data and then changed both
> > fields from String 20 to string 200)
> > C5 dictionary default converter does it without any problems!
> > So you just try to browse your file from dictionary.
> > Clarion says something like: "File structure is different.
> >                                             Do you want to convert?"
> > And on YES it does it. No fields are screwed up whatsoever!
> > :-(
> > Regards
> > Alexander

> > > Hi

> > > I have used _ in my tables i.e.   CUS:Work_TelNo

> > > when I make a change to my dic table and convert it, it screws up my
> data,
> > > have noticed that the
> > > file names are cut off at the _ i.e.   the above would be CUS:Work

> > > this is causing a big problem as I have used this type of lable
> > extensively,
> > > i.e.

> > > CUS:Work_TelNo
> > > CUS:Work_FaxNo
> > > CUS:Work_CompanyName

> > > Is there any way that I can fix this without haveing to rename all my
> > fields
> > > and redoing all my forms?

> > > TIA
> > > Marcus

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:45:51 GMT

1. Stroring multiple tables in a single .tps file vith a variable file name

2. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

3. NAME TABLE FULL ERROR --HELP

4. HELP--- SYNTAX ERROR (Limit) Name Table Full---

5. Help with (Limit) Name Table Full?

6. Please Help? Read and Write in Table

7. Need TABLE COBOL examples FAST! Please Help

8. PLEASE HELP WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS CODE TO ALTERNATE TABLE ROW COLORS

9. please, please, please, please, help

11. Some help on naming please

12. HELP! Brackets in proc args / varible names Please