Cancel Button on form
Author Message
 Cancel Button on form

This one is troubling me.

Update record form. How do i capture and stop the escape button
exiting the program. Putting code in ThisWindow.TakeCloseEvent
caputes it, but how do I get it to return to the form rather
that exit the proceedure. I presumed it would be
Return Level:Fatal but that closes the proceedure ...

Thanks

Simon Newell
Shackerley Group

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 19:25:58 GMT
 Cancel Button on form
Simon,

    In Steve's FAQ ( www.par2.com - Got to FAQ's and select "Just the
FAQ's"), find keyword WINDOW... There's an article "Trapping Esc Key and
preventing window exit"...

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500
    http://pinrod.com

Quote:

> This one is troubling me.

> Update record form. How do i capture and stop the escape button
> exiting the program. Putting code in ThisWindow.TakeCloseEvent
> caputes it, but how do I get it to return to the form rather
> that exit the proceedure. I presumed it would be
> Return Level:Fatal but that closes the proceedure ...

> Thanks

> Simon Newell
> Shackerley Group

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:46:47 GMT
 Cancel Button on form
Did you try:
    CYCLE
?
Ygnacio.
Quote:

>This one is troubling me.

>Update record form. How do i capture and stop the escape button
>exiting the program. Putting code in ThisWindow.TakeCloseEvent
>caputes it, but how do I get it to return to the form rather
>that exit the proceedure. I presumed it would be
>Return Level:Fatal but that closes the proceedure ...

>Thanks

>Simon Newell
>Shackerley Group

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:28:04 GMT
 Cancel Button on form
RETURN(LEVEL:Notify)

Z.

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:08:19 GMT

1. C4: Confirm Delete on Cancel button on Form

2. How to code the OK and CANCEL buttons for a form

3. Cancel a form with a memo field - how stop cancel message

4. cancel form with confirm canceling

5. Cancel a Procedure through the Cancel Button

6. Cancel button on 2 button dialog to stop execution of vi

7. SELF.CancelAction = Cancel:Cancel+Cancel:Query

8. Cancel a form without SAVE RECORD Box HELP

9. Prevent File save Window on Cancel on au Update Form

10. Problen with Form edits on Cancel

11. form cancel confirm, change method at runtime?

12. Cancel buttons and userCancelled