Processing every time a record is read.
Author Message
 Processing every time a record is read.

How can I make sure that a specific piece of code executes every time a record
is accessed, no matter where that record is called from (reports, updates,
etc)?

Thanks greatly!

Deb Simpson

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Processing every time a record is read.
Quote:

> How can I make sure that a specific piece of code executes every time a record
> is accessed, no matter where that record is called from (reports, updates,
> etc)?

It's important to say abc or legacy when you post. For ABC, derive access:file
by pressing global and look through the endless list of embeds for the
hide:access groups and you can put code before any access method. In this case
you really want code after so do something like:
  Parent.tryfetch()
  !the code you want to inject
  Return
  !nomal code to execute tryfetch would be here but never called.
The exact syntax of the parent.somemethod(), return and the paremeter list
should match those of the method you are putting code in.
-----
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Processing every time a record is read.
Hi Deb,
You might want to take a look at DET/DEF from Mitten Software. DEF has a feature
like this but it is only for the ABC templates.

HTH

Quote:

--
! Jim Katz
! Certified Clarion Developer

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

2. ABC process records read

3. How to get rid of the NO RECORDS TO PROCESS message on a process

4. Group break happening after every record

5. Find and replace text in every record

6. view data continuously but only record every x seconds

7. Record Date and Time Record Updated

8. Mashal.dump 10000 records, Marshal.load only reads 9939 records

9. Strange link error every 2. time

10. GPF in Clarion every time i do this

11. Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it

12. How do I acquire 1 image every time an external trigger fires