Reports: Detail Header on each page 
Author Message
 Reports: Detail Header on each page

I have a problem with the report writer from CW2.003

I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page Footer on
the Last Page.
On all other Pages the normal Page Header and Footer shall be printed.
If the Reports has only one page, the special header and footer shall be
printed on this page.

I don't find a way to achieve this.
Please help!

Stephan Wessel

Instruclean West GmbH & Co. KG
Mlheim an der Ruhr - Germany



Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Reports: Detail Header on each page

Quote:

> I have a problem with the report writer from CW2.003

> I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page Footer on
> the Last Page.

Put the special page header in a detail and print it first thing.

For the footer to print on the last page, surround all the details
except the special page header detail with a BREAK and make it break on
a variable that doesn't print (such  as (FILESOPENED), and make a break
footer for that.

Dan



Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Reports: Detail Header on each page
Hmmm... now I'm awake.

The special header can go in the break section, too, instead of worrying
about another detail.

Dan

Quote:


> > I have a problem with the report writer from CW2.003

> > I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page Footer on
> > the Last Page.

> Put the special page header in a detail and print it first thing.

> For the footer to print on the last page, surround all the details
> except the special page header detail with a BREAK and make it break on
> a variable that doesn't print (such  as (FILESOPENED), and make a break
> footer for that.

> Dan



Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Reports: Detail Header on each page
Dan,

Thank you for your reply.

Your suggestion works, if you ONLY want a page header on the first page and
a footer on the last page.
But there are two problems:
The normal page header. It is printed on every page, also on the first page,
but there the special page header should be printed INSTEAD of it.
The normal page footer. It should be printed on every page but NOT on the
last page. There the special footer should be printed!

Stephan


Quote:
>Hmmm... now I'm awake.

>The special header can go in the break section, too, instead of worrying
>about another detail.

>Dan



>> > I have a problem with the report writer from CW2.003

>> > I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page
Footer on
>> > the Last Page.

>> Put the special page header in a detail and print it first thing.

>> For the footer to print on the last page, surround all the details
>> except the special page header detail with a BREAK and make it break on
>> a variable that doesn't print (such  as (FILESOPENED), and make a break
>> footer for that.

>> Dan



Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Reports: Detail Header on each page
YES!
I have almost same problem.
- first fage big header
- all next pages smaller but diferent header

Do somebody have any ideas??

ALES


Quote:
>Dan,

>Thank you for your reply.

>Your suggestion works, if you ONLY want a page header on the first page and
>a footer on the last page.
>But there are two problems:
>The normal page header. It is printed on every page, also on the first
page,
>but there the special page header should be printed INSTEAD of it.
>The normal page footer. It should be printed on every page but NOT on the
>last page. There the special footer should be printed!

>Stephan


>>Hmmm... now I'm awake.

>>The special header can go in the break section, too, instead of worrying
>>about another detail.

>>Dan



>>> > I have a problem with the report writer from CW2.003

>>> > I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page
>Footer on
>>> > the Last Page.

>>> Put the special page header in a detail and print it first thing.

>>> For the footer to print on the last page, surround all the details
>>> except the special page header detail with a BREAK and make it break on
>>> a variable that doesn't print (such  as (FILESOPENED), and make a break
>>> footer for that.

>>> Dan



Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

2. Report with no page header on firs page

3. Report with no page header on firs page

4. Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records

5. header/detail lines in CW report

6. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

7. C5 Report, supress page header

8. Report Group Headers, Footers & Page Breaks

9. C5b: Report, Page header doesn't resize properly

10. No Header on first page of report

11. Report header on page one only

12. Report header on page one only

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software