Numeric Types???
Author Message
 Numeric Types???

I'm trying to read a numeric field  in a file that was produced by Borland
CC+ program.
The field is defined as a FLOAT and I try to read it with my definition as
BFLOAT4.

The value in the field after the read should be 3.50 however I get a value
of ZERO.

The hex value of the 4 bytes that are read is 00 00 60 40

I have tried reading this in various numeric data definitions but cannot get
this to give me the proper results.

Any suggestions??????

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:00:30 GMT
 Numeric Types???
Maybe a SREAL?
What kind of table?

Quote:
> I'm trying to read a numeric field  in a file that was produced by Borland
> CC+ program.
> The field is defined as a FLOAT and I try to read it with my definition as
> BFLOAT4.

> The value in the field after the read should be 3.50 however I get a value
> of ZERO.

> The hex value of the 4 bytes that are read is 00 00 60 40

> I have tried reading this in various numeric data definitions but cannot
get
> this to give me the proper results.

> Any suggestions??????

Tue, 17 May 2005 23:28:00 GMT

1. Numeric Type Definition HELP???

2. Numeric types and overflows

3. Numeric types and concatenation

4. Aritmetics on numeric types

5. IEEE Numeric types (signed, unsigned)

6. Substitute for Standard Numeric types

7. Design Assumptions (was Substitute for Standard Numeric types)

8. Win32 - InvokeTypes numeric type codes

9. Is there an easy way to identify numeric types?

10. New type based on NUMERIC

11. Problems with the automatic conversion of numeric data types

12. mxODBC, EasySoft ODBC Bridge and numeric data types