NT / win95/98 Date/time problem HELP!!
Author Message
 NT / win95/98 Date/time problem HELP!!

We have a client/server system written in CW2.004.  In order to keep the
clients in sync with correct versions of exe and dll we have a program
catalog file which keeps the date time stamp of each dll and exe.  When
the program starts on the client it compares what is on the client to
what is on the server.  Normally this works great!!  However, Windows in
all its wisdom will convert time stamps to local time based on each
machine.  So we learned that the server and all workstations must be on
same time zone.  We are currently have a problem with some machines ( 2
NT that I can think of) whereby we can copy a dll from server to two
different workstations and get two different times on each of the
workstations.  Needless to say this is driving us nuts!!!!!  Does anyone
know of date/time probelems like this????
Yes everything is on same time zone. We have checked that many times!!

  bartee.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT / win95/98 Date/time problem HELP!!
Quote:

> Needless to say this is driving us nuts!!!!!  Does anyone
> know of date/time probelems like this????
> Yes everything is on same time zone. We have checked that many times!!

As long as I use filetimetolocalfiletime everything seems to work fine.
I dont know what that function does, and it _shouldnt_ be needed within
the same time zone but as long as I use it before converting to system
time everything works.  The other possibility is not all file systems
support the 3 date/times according to the MS docs. I dont know which do
and which dont and how your problem NT systems are formated but may be
part of the problem.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding icon to SystemTray in win95/98/nt

2. UltimADE4 : Rapid Application Development for Win95/98/NT

3. Q: PL1-Compiler for WIN95, 98 or NT 4.0

4. different in win95/98 and NT

5. Win 98 Time & Date fm Absoft Fortran

6. Enhancement: resolution multiplier for TclpGetTime on Win95/98/NT/2K

7. Affordable Common Lisp implementations on Win95/98/NT?

8. DDE fails on Win95/98 but NOT on NT

9. Anomalize with time zone on Win95/98

10. Have Time()Date() synchronisation problems in WIN95

11. Win95/98 Console Print Speed Problem: SOLVED!

12. Lock problems with Win95/98