A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
Author Message
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)

A number of times I have seen various code for converting hex digits to a
byte and a byte to hex. Some of the code has been quite complicated with
plenty of if statements, etc.

Attached is a file with two functions with only a few lines of code each to
do the same job. Small and neat!

Feel free to use them in your code and distribute to anyone you like. I hope
somebody finds them usefull.

Regards
TonyM

begin 666 HexConvert.clw

#70T*
`
end

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:40:14 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
much appreicated.

we are developing smart data systems.

the new Rules processor will use this in the new cell state processor, where
the state of the data will determine the execution of runtime code.

the code is reloaded and excuted on the fly , logic units are just
replaceable containers.

i quess the old days are coming to a close, and fast.

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:45:58 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)

Quote:

> i quess the old days are coming to a close, and fast.

Interesting. I was one of many using similar techniques on mainframes
20+ years ago<g>, for similar reasons (tho the scale of several pieces
of the puzzle was different).

--
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:53:11 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
Heavenes -
That brings back memories of state machines and other similar techniques on
mainframes.
Enjoy!
Roberto Artigas Jr.
Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

Quote:

> > i quess the old days are coming to a close, and fast.

> Interesting. I was one of many using similar techniques on mainframes
> 20+ years ago<g>, for similar reasons (tho the scale of several pieces
> of the puzzle was different).

> --
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear
> http://www.granitebear.com

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:06:34 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
Hier ein converter fr byte to hex und umgekehrt, sieht wirklich kurz aus,
mal ausprobieren...

Marc

Quote:
> A number of times I have seen various code for converting hex digits to a
> byte and a byte to hex. Some of the code has been quite complicated with
> plenty of if statements, etc.

> Attached is a file with two functions with only a few lines of code each
> do the same job. Small and neat!

> Feel free to use them in your code and distribute to anyone you like. I
hope
> somebody finds them usefull.

> Regards
> TonyM

begin 666 HexConvert.clw

#70T*
`
end

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:33:35 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
Marc,

Meine Deutsch ist nicht so gut.  In Englisch:

Here is a converter for byte to hex and reverse, it seems short, once
compiled ?

Danke,
John Gossman

Quote:
> Hier ein converter fr byte to hex und umgekehrt, sieht wirklich kurz aus,
> mal ausprobieren...

> Marc

> > A number of times I have seen various code for converting hex digits to
> > byte and a byte to hex. Some of the code has been quite complicated with
> > plenty of if statements, etc.

> > Attached is a file with two functions with only a few lines of code each
> > do the same job. Small and neat!

> > Feel free to use them in your code and distribute to anyone you like. I
> hope
> > somebody finds them usefull.

> > Regards
> > TonyM

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 03:18:50 GMT
 A little gift (Hex to Byte/Byte to Hex)
thats good to here, i only did some Pascal on DG's so my experiance is very
limited on them

Steve Ryan

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:26:59 GMT

1. Hex to Bin, Bin to Hex, Hex to Dec, Dec to Hex

2. How to get specific bytes from a serial hex data read in

3. Thank You to:Protecting windows EXE file from changing its byte from HEX editor

4. Protecting windows EXE file from changing its byte from HEX editor

5. convet a byte to its hex-dec value?

6. Byte string - Inserting hex values

7. Reading in a file as raw hex bytes?

8. printf: hex to decimal to hex?

9. Convert a hex string to the same hex number

10. From Hex Display to Hex number

11. Reading a hex string of 4 hex characters

12. Ascii to Hex, Hex to Ascii convertion