conditional Group Header and/or detail
Author Message
 conditional Group Header and/or detail

C5 ABC 32 bit

is it possible to have a conditional group header in a report
For example:
In my group header I only want to print records where pre:field = 'XXX'
But in my detail I only want to print records where pre:field = 'YYY'

So my report should look like

XXXX
   YYYY

XXXX
   YYYYY

can I do this?

--

Thanks
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 conditional Group Header and/or detail
Sure... don't use a group header!! <g>

Honestly, don't. Just add a detail to be used as a group header with a
filter such as FALSE so it never prints. Create a local variable like the
variable you want to break (or print) on and handle the break yourself.

{.TakeRecord}

IF LocalVar <> <your break var>
--or--
IF <your var> = <some value>

  !if you also want to control group footers...
  IF LocalVar    !skips first occurrence
    PRINT(RPT:<your group footer detail band>)
  END

  LocalVar = <your break var>  --or--  <some value>
  PRINT(RPT:<your group header detail band>)
END

Add any additional logic needed to the "IF".

--
Lee White
Team TopSpeed

etc2000 !  Interested in attending?  http://216.82.30.86/etc2000.html
Latest stats: http://216.82.30.86/latest_etc2000_poll_statistics.html

Quote:
> C5 ABC 32 bit

> is it possible to have a conditional group header in a report

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW5 problem: First Report Detail Group Creeps into Report Header

2. Conditional Headers?

3. Issuing 200 Status Header based on a conditional?

4. Help please: Print a report HEADER even when there are no detail records

5. Reports: Detail Header on each page

6. header/detail lines in CW report

7. Header on Form, Browse Detail

8. Reporting - Lost Headers and Detail bands

9. Headers & Detail

10. Print Header without detail

11. Header,Footer and Detail Runtime Position

12. Q: Editing For Header-Detail Files