Outlook problem 
Author Message
 Outlook problem

Hello all
Is there an expert on Office here?

I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
outlook.

Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
having the user to accept.

Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:41:30 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Its a security level issue, I believe.  Check your security settings in
Outlook or Word (or both<g>)

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:41:34 GMT  
 Outlook problem
This I have done.  Tryed to set no security with no help.  There must
be someething else.

Anyone else...



Quote:
>Its a security level issue, I believe.  Check your security settings in
>Outlook or Word (or both<g>)

>---
>Mark Riffey
>Granite Bear Development
>http://www.granitebear.com

>Software for professional photography
>studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
>solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
>organizations

Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:41:40 GMT  
 Outlook problem
I know about this, but it doesnt solve the problem.  But anyway - the solution is found.  The problem is actually the SR1 from M$.

To remove the problem you have to download a software that does that.  Im just reading about it and will comment this whent I have
done some tests.

Quote:

>In Outlook Express it is the Tools>Options>Security tab that does this.  If
>a tick is placed in "Warn me when other applications............."
>see attached screen dump.  I would imagine it is the same in Outlook.

>Ian Burgess



>> Hello all
>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>> outlook.

>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>> having the user to accept.

>> Ole-Morten Heien
>> Langaard Software
>> ------------------------------
>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:46:53 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Hello,

An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free mailers
(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

Lars


Quote:
> Hello all
> Is there an expert on Office here?

> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
> outlook.

> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
> having the user to accept.

> Ole-Morten Heien
> Langaard Software
> ------------------------------
> WEB:   www.langaard.no

> ICQ:   72785878




Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:46:54 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Could do that, but I have found a sollution.


Quote:
>Hello,

>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free mailers
>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

>Lars



>> Hello all
>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>> outlook.

>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>> having the user to accept.

>> Ole-Morten Heien
>> Langaard Software
>> ------------------------------
>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:47:21 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Hmm.  The workaround didnt work around :-(
I'l take a look at this Blat

Quote:

>Could do that, but I have found a sollution.


>>Hello,

>>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free mailers
>>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

>>Lars



>>> Hello all
>>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
>>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>>> outlook.

>>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>>> having the user to accept.

>>> Ole-Morten Heien
>>> Langaard Software
>>> ------------------------------
>>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>>> ICQ:   72785878

>Ole-Morten Heien
>Langaard Software
>------------------------------
>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:48:29 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Or maybee not!  How can I tell Word to use Blat instead of Outlook to email with MailMerge?

Any other sollution or thoughts will be wery appreciated.

Quote:

>Could do that, but I have found a sollution.


>>Hello,

>>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free mailers
>>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

>>Lars



>>> Hello all
>>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
>>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>>> outlook.

>>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>>> having the user to accept.

>>> Ole-Morten Heien
>>> Langaard Software
>>> ------------------------------
>>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>>> ICQ:   72785878

>Ole-Morten Heien
>Langaard Software
>------------------------------
>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:48:31 GMT  
 Outlook problem
GRRRRRR!!!!!  SNERRRRRRRR!     URK!!!!!!

The damn M$ company has really given the world the pleasure NOT to be able to send mass mail anymore!!!!

I have just finished a discusion on the M$ TechNet:

The last Securitypatch has a side effect.  You cant send mail without the confirm message, and there is NOT any workaround.  

What kind of security policy is this???

DAMN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

Quote:

>Or maybee not!  How can I tell Word to use Blat instead of Outlook to email with MailMerge?

>Any other sollution or thoughts will be wery appreciated.


>>Could do that, but I have found a sollution.


>>>Hello,

>>>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free mailers
>>>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

>>>Lars



>>>> Hello all
>>>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>>>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>>>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a message
>>>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>>>> outlook.

>>>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>>>> having the user to accept.

>>>> Ole-Morten Heien
>>>> Langaard Software
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>>>> ICQ:   72785878

>>Ole-Morten Heien
>>Langaard Software
>>------------------------------
>>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>>ICQ:   72785878

>Ole-Morten Heien
>Langaard Software
>------------------------------
>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:49:04 GMT  
 Outlook problem
I used to broadcast a newsletter by doing a mailmerge from Outlook
contacts - into Word and then back to Outlook for the resulting emails.  It
now asks me to confirm every single one (860).  There is check box that says
something like 'allow for N minutes' but it doesn't work.  Absolutely crazy
security 'feature'.  An Outlook mailmerge now seems totally unusable...

Colin J
www.sailwave.com


Quote:
> GRRRRRR!!!!!  SNERRRRRRRR!     URK!!!!!!

> The damn M$ company has really given the world the pleasure NOT to be able

to send mass mail anymore!!!!
Quote:

> I have just finished a discusion on the M$ TechNet:

> The last Securitypatch has a side effect.  You cant send mail without the

confirm message, and there is NOT any workaround.
Quote:

> What kind of security policy is this???

> DAMN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

> On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:26:17 +0200, Ole-Morten Heien

> >Or maybee not!  How can I tell Word to use Blat instead of Outlook to

email with MailMerge?
Quote:

> >Any other sollution or thoughts will be wery appreciated.

> >On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:28:49 +0200, Ole-Morten Heien

> >>Could do that, but I have found a sollution.

> >>On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:24:14 +0200, "Lars W. Pedersen"

> >>>Hello,

> >>>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free
mailers
> >>>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

> >>>Lars



> >>>> Hello all
> >>>> Is there an expert on Office here?

> >>>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
> >>>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a
message
> >>>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
> >>>> outlook.

> >>>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
> >>>> having the user to accept.

> >>>> Ole-Morten Heien
> >>>> Langaard Software
> >>>> ------------------------------
> >>>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

> >>>> ICQ:   72785878

> >>Ole-Morten Heien
> >>Langaard Software
> >>------------------------------
> >>WEB:   www.langaard.no

> >>ICQ:   72785878

> >Ole-Morten Heien
> >Langaard Software
> >------------------------------
> >WEB:   www.langaard.no

> >ICQ:   72785878

> Ole-Morten Heien
> Langaard Software
> ------------------------------
> WEB:   www.langaard.no

> ICQ:   72785878




Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:43:36 GMT  
 Outlook problem
But as i have posted, there is someone out there that has done something about it :-)  Read my posting and install the attached program (about 80K)  
This program is looking for the spesifyed window and push the YES button for you :-)   And the best thing.  It dont give a damn about the 5 second delay :-)

Have tryed it and ARE using it!  Works just fine :-)

Quote:

>I used to broadcast a newsletter by doing a mailmerge from Outlook
>contacts - into Word and then back to Outlook for the resulting emails.  It
>now asks me to confirm every single one (860).  There is check box that says
>something like 'allow for N minutes' but it doesn't work.  Absolutely crazy
>security 'feature'.  An Outlook mailmerge now seems totally unusable...

>Colin J
>www.sailwave.com



>> GRRRRRR!!!!!  SNERRRRRRRR!     URK!!!!!!

>> The damn M$ company has really given the world the pleasure NOT to be able
>to send mass mail anymore!!!!

>> I have just finished a discusion on the M$ TechNet:

>> The last Securitypatch has a side effect.  You cant send mail without the
>confirm message, and there is NOT any workaround.

>> What kind of security policy is this???

>> DAMN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

>> On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:26:17 +0200, Ole-Morten Heien

>> >Or maybee not!  How can I tell Word to use Blat instead of Outlook to
>email with MailMerge?

>> >Any other sollution or thoughts will be wery appreciated.

>> >On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:28:49 +0200, Ole-Morten Heien

>> >>Could do that, but I have found a sollution.

>> >>On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:24:14 +0200, "Lars W. Pedersen"

>> >>>Hello,

>> >>>An idea: Skip using Outlook for your mailmerge. Use one of the free
>mailers
>> >>>(i.e. blat), and write a WordBasic script to do it.

>> >>>Lars



>> >>>> Hello all
>> >>>> Is there an expert on Office here?

>> >>>> I have problems using mailmerge in Word.  When merging a text file
>> >>>> into a document using standard Word mailmerge I allways gets a
>message
>> >>>> to confirm that an external program can use the SendItem method in
>> >>>> outlook.

>> >>>> Is there a way to disable this message so Word can send mail witout
>> >>>> having the user to accept.

>> >>>> Ole-Morten Heien
>> >>>> Langaard Software
>> >>>> ------------------------------
>> >>>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> >>>> ICQ:   72785878

>> >>Ole-Morten Heien
>> >>Langaard Software
>> >>------------------------------
>> >>WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> >>ICQ:   72785878

>> >Ole-Morten Heien
>> >Langaard Software
>> >------------------------------
>> >WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> >ICQ:   72785878

>> Ole-Morten Heien
>> Langaard Software
>> ------------------------------
>> WEB:   www.langaard.no

>> ICQ:   72785878


Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878



Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:13:28 GMT  
 Outlook problem

Quote:
> I used to broadcast a newsletter by doing a mailmerge from Outlook
> contacts - into Word and then back to Outlook for the resulting emails.
It
> now asks me to confirm every single one (860).  There is check box that
says
> something like 'allow for N minutes' but it doesn't work.  Absolutely
crazy
> security 'feature'.  An Outlook mailmerge now seems totally unusable...

So logon and you shouldn't get it.

Regards

Andy
Plugware Solutions.com Ltd,  taking the puzzle out of I.T
Tel : +44 1249 813335
Fax : +44 1249 813462



Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:46:11 GMT  
 Outlook problem
Ups. I have something to confess :-)   I just installed the Office XP and - yes - the small litle util worked, but the 5 second delay is still there ! BLARGH!

So my sollution was to create a small litle mail server to do the job.  It works like a charme and its FAST!!!

Ole-Morten Heien
Langaard Software
------------------------------
WEB:   www.langaard.no

ICQ:   72785878

Quote:

>> I used to broadcast a newsletter by doing a mailmerge from Outlook
>> contacts - into Word and then back to Outlook for the resulting emails.
>It
>> now asks me to confirm every single one (860).  There is check box that
>says
>> something like 'allow for N minutes' but it doesn't work.  Absolutely
>crazy
>> security 'feature'.  An Outlook mailmerge now seems totally unusable...

>So logon and you shouldn't get it.

>Regards

>Andy
>Plugware Solutions.com Ltd,  taking the puzzle out of I.T
>Tel : +44 1249 813335
>Fax : +44 1249 813462



Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:53:31 GMT  
 Outlook problem

Quote:
> >> I used to broadcast a newsletter by doing a mailmerge from Outlook
> >> contacts - into Word and then back to Outlook for the resulting emails.
> >It
> >> now asks me to confirm every single one (860).  There is check box that
> >says
> >> something like 'allow for N minutes' but it doesn't work.  Absolutely
> >crazy
> >> security 'feature'.  An Outlook mailmerge now seems totally unusable...

We eventually created a fix for this that causes the window to be trapped
and processed which makes it useable again.

Regards

Andy
Plugware Solutions.com Ltd,  taking the puzzle out of I.T
Tel : +44 1249 813335
Fax : +44 1249 813462



Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:32:13 GMT  
 
 [ 14 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. outlook problem

2. Outlook problem after "Funlove" attack

3. import contact list from Outlook or Outlook Express

4. How do I trigger a send/receive in Outlook or Outlook Express

5. Outlook/Outlook Express replacement

6. Test to debug Outlook Express Problem

7. Not CW: OutLook Express Slowdown Problem

8. Problem automating outlook with python

9. Problems with Outlook, Word and Excel

10. Outlook - Has anyone tried linking cw to Microsoft Outlook ?

11. Dolphin App + MS Outlook

12. Accessing Outlook via COM

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software