?-Save selected Record as text file.
Author Message
 ?-Save selected Record as text file.

Is there, by chance, a sample app out there that shows how to save a selected
record as a text file (txt or rtf).  (You know...on the help bar, File > Save >
Save As).  I've gotten a couple of responses to this question, but somehow its
just not clicking.

Thanks again for everyone's help with my EMail dilemma!

Deb Simpson
Syracuse NY

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?-Save selected Record as text file.
Hi Deb,

Quote:
>   Is there, by chance, a sample app out there that shows how to save a selected
>   record as a text file (txt or rtf).  (You know...on the help bar, File > Save >
>   Save As).  I've gotten a couple of responses to this question, but somehow its
>   just not clicking.

    Can't send an attachment from my newsreader, but try to explain.

In Dictionary:
MyFile  FILE,DRIVER('SomeDriver'),PRE(FIL)
RECORD  RECORD
...     !Your fields here
        END

TxtFile FILE,DRIVER('ASCII'),PRE(TXT)
RECORD  RECORD
...     !Your fields here
        END

In App Gen.
   Define Browse with menu or button "Save As".
   In accepted embed of menu or button:
   In Legacy (BRWx is the prefix of your browsing queue, see generated source,
   if you have 1 list it probably be BRW1):

    BRWx::CurrentChoice = CHOICE(?List)
    GET(Queue:Browse,BRWx::CurrentChoice)
    REGET(BRWx::View:Browse,BRWx::Position)

    In ABC there is a method BRWx.UpdateBuffer()

    Then assign values to fields
    CLEAR(TXT:RECORD)
    TXT:F1 = FIL:F1
    ADD(TextFile)

    If there'll be more questions e-mail me and i'll try to send you a demo
app. E-mail see below.

Regards,

Anton Novikov

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?-Save selected Record as text file.
Thank you!!  This is exactly what we were looking for!

Deb

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving an Open excel file as a text file

2. Selecting Specific Records from a File

3. Archive selected records from one file into another

4. Selecting 1 or more records from a file

5. Browse : How to save queue record to file

6. Handling of saving and/or deleting records in a file

7. saving variant records in sequential files

8. Saving Styled text to Binary File

9. How to save Object Instances in text File ?

10. Saving a Field to a Text File

11. saving text field to a dos file clarion 1.5 user

12. Saving registry-information to a text-file.