Missing Fieldbox
Author Message
 Missing Fieldbox

I imagine that someone has already asked about this, but I can't find a
posting.

The fieldbox is missing in the Window and Report formatter.  This had
happened before, but if I exited CW completely and restarted it would
reappear.  This does not work now (in CW 2.003).  Has anyone found a
solution to this problem?

I thank you for your assistance.

Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Missing Fieldbox

Hi Randall,

On Sat, 05 Jul 1997 21:00:34 -0400, "Randall W. Morrison"

Quote:

>The fieldbox is missing in the Window and Report formatter.  This had
>happened before, but if I exited CW completely and restarted it would
>reappear.  This does not work now (in CW 2.003).  Has anyone found a
>solution to this problem?

You mean the darn thing is gone for good?  I frequently have a "loss"
of controls from the control toolbox in 2.002, but haven't worked long
enough in 2.003 to see it there.  Normally, as you say, the controls
come back when you exit CW and restart...  Hmm, by field box, do you
mean the list of files/fields?  If so, check out the cw20.ini file.
Most likely it's been placed outside the windows borders.  Happens
every now and then.  The positions are held in the cw20.ini file,
check out the [fieldbox] section.  It lists the x, y, width and height
of the fieldbox.  Sometimes CW writes very strange figures into these
sections...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Missing Fieldbox

Arnor,

     I am using CW 2.003 and restarting CW did NOT resolve the problem.
I edited the CW20.ini and set the x and y positions to lower values.
The fieldbox magically reappeared <g>.  Thank you very much.  My
development effort is now back up to speed.

Randy

Quote:

> Hi Randall,

> On Sat, 05 Jul 1997 21:00:34 -0400, "Randall W. Morrison"

> >The fieldbox is missing in the Window and Report formatter.  This had
> >happened before, but if I exited CW completely and restarted it would
> >reappear.  This does not work now (in CW 2.003).  Has anyone found a
> >solution to this problem?

> You mean the darn thing is gone for good?  I frequently have a "loss"
> of controls from the control toolbox in 2.002, but haven't worked long
> enough in 2.003 to see it there.  Normally, as you say, the controls
> come back when you exit CW and restart...  Hmm, by field box, do you
> mean the list of files/fields?  If so, check out the cw20.ini file.
> Most likely it's been placed outside the windows borders.  Happens
> every now and then.  The positions are held in the cw20.ini file,
> check out the [fieldbox] section.  It lists the x, y, width and height
> of the fieldbox.  Sometimes CW writes very strange figures into these
> sections...

> Best regards,

> Arnor Baldvinsson
> Allerup Edb
> Tel: +45 4675 7122
> Fax: +45 4675 7144
> Denmark

> http://www.icetips.com

> Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Thu, 23 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW 2.003 Fieldbox Missing?

2. Lost Fieldbox - how do I get it back

3. Dissappeared fieldbox

4. Lost fieldbox

5. Missing info because of missing LF in VMS GAWK interactive mode

6. If you missed EuroDevCon '98 you wont want to miss this

7. Branch misses vs. cache misses

8. Branch misses vs. cache misses

9. If you missed EuroDevCon '98 you wont want to miss this CWSuperGroup meeting!

10. NEXTSTEP : Don't let your company miss it. Don't let your career miss it

11. NEXTSTEP : Don't let your company miss it. Don't let your career miss it

12. fix missing characters