640K attachment: Clarion / Scintilla 4: Line numbers and syntax highlighting
Author Message
 640K attachment: Clarion / Scintilla 4: Line numbers and syntax highlighting

Heavenes Roberto!

Thank You. Please add me to your list.

I started to write this before, and held my tounge ... Is this the beginning
of a new CW IDE written by the community? Hmmmm.

Greg Scales

Quote:
> Heavenes Clarioneers -

> This will be the final one that I will post on the newsgroup.

> If you want to receive additional versions when I make enhancements to the
> testedit program send me an email and I will add you to the "Editor
> Recipients" list.

> This version is got the line numbers working (thanks Ron) and now has
> Clarion syntax highlighting. Yes. You read that correctly. A clarion
editor
> that is implemented in clarion.

> And while it is still missing bunches of functionality it is still a
working
> editor and a very useful tool.

> Hope this example has helped the community at large.
> Enjoy!
> Roberto Artigas Jr
> Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:11:09 GMT
 640K attachment: Clarion / Scintilla 4: Line numbers and syntax highlighting
Heavenes Greg -

I do not think this the beginning of a new IDE written by the user
community. But what do I know. There is a lot of intelligent individuals in
this group and I am on a regular basis surprised by the creativity and
generosity of this group.

Kind of hopping that SV takes a similar approach and makes an interface to
whatever new editor they eventually write. If they ever do write a new one.
But it would kind of make sense to do so. And I am hopeful that they might
decide to do so in a latter release.

Personally, I just needed a small code editor to hook up into where I keep
those pieces of nifty code that I use over and over again. Got tired of not
finding stuff and decided to add it all to a file with a blob so I can store
lots and lots of text.

It started so simple. And things kind-of got out of hand. First I just
looked at interfacing to scintilla and Larry helped with the subclassing.
Then I looked at the scintilla internals and created the (very crude)
ClarionLexer and the Clarion.properties file. Then I interfaced the Lexer
with the testedit program. Kinda took a life of it's own. And I hope that
someone will add a few more ideas of their own and then post it back.

I did think about all those very helpful 3rd party products that could use
something similar to this for their own purposes and I thought of why not
give it away. So I posted it. Who knows what new wizards or utilities will
be created after some of the third party vendors look at this.

Enjoy!
Roberto Artigas Jr.
Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

Quote:
> Heavenes Roberto!

> Thank You. Please add me to your list.

> I started to write this before, and held my tounge ... Is this the
beginning
> of a new CW IDE written by the community? Hmmmm.

> Greg Scales

> > Heavenes Clarioneers -

> > This will be the final one that I will post on the newsgroup.

> > If you want to receive additional versions when I make enhancements to
the
> > testedit program send me an email and I will add you to the "Editor
> > Recipients" list.

> > This version is got the line numbers working (thanks Ron) and now has
> > Clarion syntax highlighting. Yes. You read that correctly. A clarion
> editor
> > that is implemented in clarion.

> > And while it is still missing bunches of functionality it is still a
> working
> > editor and a very useful tool.

> > Hope this example has helped the community at large.
> > Enjoy!
> > Roberto Artigas Jr
> > Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:34:41 GMT

1. bug? syntax error, no line number

2. How to use memory over 640K in Clarion 2.1 for DOS

3. Scintilla / Clarion 8: Search Menu Done

4. Scintilla / Clarion 7: Find's all working

5. Scintilla / Clarion 5: Edit Menu

6. Clarion / Scintilla 2 - The plot thickens

7. Sub-classing Scintilla code editor in Clarion ???

8. Scintilla: clarion.properites

9. Clarion/Scintilla Editor

10. Sub-classing Scintilla code editor in Clarion ???

11. syntax highlighting with AA fonts

12. Awk Script Syntax Highlighting