Clarion Reprt Writer Error
Author Message
 Clarion Reprt Writer Error

I have a file (xray.dat) that has information I need in it.  When I
create a report for it and add the fields I want, and I go to preview
the report, it comes up with two errors.
1st error : 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File
2nd error : 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'

Can anyone tell me what is wrong.  I have no issues with other data
files in the same directory that this one is in.

Thanks

Brian Nelligan

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 21:32:08 GMT
 Clarion Reprt Writer Error
In addition to this error, if I try to add the file to an existing
report, but do not add any fields, I get 'Error(46) : Key File must be
rebuilt'  The thing is that I did rebuild them.  Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Brian

Quote:

> I have a file (xray.dat) that has information I need in it.  When I
> create a report for it and add the fields I want, and I go to preview
> the report, it comes up with two errors.
> 1st error : 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File
> 2nd error : 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong.  I have no issues with other data
> files in the same directory that this one is in.

> Thanks

> Brian Nelligan

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:43:57 GMT
 Clarion Reprt Writer Error

Quote:

> In addition to this error, if I try to add the file to an existing
> report, but do not add any fields, I get 'Error(46) : Key File must be
> rebuilt'  The thing is that I did rebuild them.  Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated.

> Brian

> > I have a file (xray.dat) that has information I need in it.  When I
> > create a report for it and add the fields I want, and I go to preview
> > the report, it comes up with two errors.
> > 1st error : 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File
> > 2nd error : 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'

> > Can anyone tell me what is wrong.  I have no issues with other data
> > files in the same directory that this one is in.

> > Thanks

> > Brian Nelligan

there are limited sources about report writer...
i tried my heart sometimes even to solve a little problem.
 your problem
 - 'Error(46) : Key File must be rebuilt'
   - try to delete all the key files and rebuild them

 - 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File'
   - did you change the structure of the report using text editting
tools   (eg:notepad)?
   - the structure is changed until the report writer cannot recognise
its structure.
   - if you add in the file using text editting tools, i think you
accidently change the structure.  even a little comma can made it
unrecognizable to report writer.

 - 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'
   - the report 'xray.txr' is not found in your working directory...
   - or you accidently changed the filename or extension of the file
'xray.txr'?

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:35:01 GMT
 Clarion Reprt Writer Error

Quote:

> > In addition to this error, if I try to add the file to an existing
> > report, but do not add any fields, I get 'Error(46) : Key File must be
> > rebuilt'  The thing is that I did rebuild them.  Any ideas would be
> > greatly appreciated.

> > Brian

> > > I have a file (xray.dat) that has information I need in it.  When I
> > > create a report for it and add the fields I want, and I go to preview
> > > the report, it comes up with two errors.
> > > 1st error : 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File
> > > 2nd error : 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'

> > > Can anyone tell me what is wrong.  I have no issues with other data
> > > files in the same directory that this one is in.

> > > Thanks

> > > Brian Nelligan

> there are limited sources about report writer...
> i tried my heart sometimes even to solve a little problem.
>  your problem
>  - 'Error(46) : Key File must be rebuilt'
>    - try to delete all the key files and rebuild them

>  - 'Invalid or corrupt TXR or TXD File'
>    - did you change the structure of the report using text editting
> tools   (eg:notepad)?
>    - the structure is changed until the report writer cannot recognise
> its structure.
>    - if you add in the file using text editting tools, i think you
> accidently change the structure.  even a little comma can made it
> unrecognizable to report writer.

>  - 'Report Library not found: c:\ClarionRW\bin\xray.txr'
>    - the report 'xray.txr' is not found in your working directory...
>    - or you accidently changed the filename or extension of the file
> 'xray.txr'?

Thanks BUT you don't understand what I did.
As I mentioned about the rebuilding of keys.  I did this a few times.

As for the Invalid TXR or TXD file this is what I did to get this
error:
I started the RW, created a new report based on a database file
xray.dat, When I add the file and add a single field to the report
then try to preview the report, it prompts me with the 'Invalid'
error, after clicking 'OK' on the error box, it gives me the 'Report
Library not found:...' error.  I think that the actual database is
corrupt but not sure.  The program works fine for reports in the Lab
and Admitting.

thanks for your thoughts.

brian

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:17:46 GMT
 Clarion Reprt Writer Error
Brian,

Export a clean .TXD from your dictionary and import it into your
library.  Even if you may not have changed your dictionary structure
your report library might just need to have its definitions refreshed.

Rich Knoch
www.compulink-ltd.com

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:02:04 GMT

1. Error 801: No Bind On Variable when using Clarion Report Writer for Windows

2. Clarion Report Writer Bug?

3. Clarion Report Writer - Office 2000 (ODBC)

4. Clarion Report Writer

5. Clarion's Report Writer

6. Clarion Report Writer

7. Clarion 4b Report Writer

8. Sending output from Clarion Report Writer for windows to a file

9. Clarion 4 report writer

10. Clarion Report Writer Problem

11. Clarion Report Writer Help

12. Clarion Report Writer