3rd post: 16 bits Clarion5 appl. losing display
Author Message
 3rd post: 16 bits Clarion5 appl. losing display

Hi everybody,

  This is the third time I send this message.  Hope someone will answer
back.

  I converted an application from Clarion 2.003 to Clarion 5 (also tried
the same operation a while ago with Clarion 4b) and compiled it in 16
bits mode (using
Clarion4 legacy template) and ran it.  (Under same compiling conditions,
it used to work like a charm in 2.003).

  From application main menu, I just picked a menu option (module) and
the screen display of the chosen module (a browse box table) appeered on
my monitor and then just disappeered, faded away.  I could therefore
notice that this same module was still running because I couldn't pick
that same module again.  I explain.  Inside module embeds, I put a
counter which is increased inside "initialize procedure" embed when user
enters the module and then decreased inside "end of procedure" embed
when the user quits the module. So this way, I can forbid any user to
use same module more than once.  Continuing my explanation, because of
the fact that I couldn't go back to that same module, I was sure that my
module was still running.  So I issued an escape keystroke which would
put an end to my module and could effectively notice that I could use my
module again this time and got back my display like normally.

  Funny fact, I then compiled my application in 32bits mode and no
disappering problem occured.

  Conclusion, maybe I'm wrong but it seems that Clarion5 (as well as
Clarion4b) seems to add some extra coding making my module too big for
16bits support. If this is a true fact then I will have to generate any
application converted to Clarion5 in 32 bits mode only.  If I still have
people using Windows 3.1, this gives my a little problem...  Any clue to
this?

Thanks in advance,

Stphane Beauchemin
Mont St-Hilaire, Qc

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3rd post: 16 bits Clarion5 appl. losing display
Hi Stphane,

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:24:37 -0500, =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?=

Quote:

>  Thanks for replying.  When I'm saying that the window is fading away,
>I mean it's appearing for a little second maximum then it disappears.
>  Now, why am I loosing my display?   That's the mystery I'd like to
>solve!

Check this procedure:

1.  If it has any embed code, make sure it's set to Priority 1.
2.  Check if the window has a timer
3.  Check if there is a HIDE() command somewhere in embeds that may be
referencing something invalid resulting in it hiding the window.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 3rd post: 16 bits Clarion5 appl. losing display
Hi Arnor,

  Thanks for reply.  I've checked everything but curiously the same
program works like a charm when compiled in 32bits mode without changing
a byte of code.  Any idea?

Thanks again,

Stphane

Quote:

> Hi Stphane,

> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:24:37 -0500, =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?=

> >  Thanks for replying.  When I'm saying that the window is fading away,
> >I mean it's appearing for a little second maximum then it disappears.
> >  Now, why am I loosing my display?   That's the mystery I'd like to
> >solve!

> Check this procedure:

> 1.  If it has any embed code, make sure it's set to Priority 1.
> 2.  Check if the window has a timer
> 3.  Check if there is a HIDE() command somewhere in embeds that may be
> referencing something invalid resulting in it hiding the window.

> Best regards,

> Arnor Baldvinsson
> [Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
> Allerup Edb
> Denmark

> http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
> UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 2nd post: Clarion5 loosing display with 16bits appl.

2. Losing display running 16 bit Clarion4b

3. 16 bits vs 32 bits apps

4. 16 bits Version faster than 32 bits ?????

5. 16 bits versus 32 bits instructions

6. String Instructions 16 bits or 32 bits ???

7. 16 bits versus 32 bits instructions

8. 16 bits Dos EXE run problem / Problème d'execution d'un EXE Dos 16 bits

9. CW2.003 Btrive 6.15 from 16 to 32 bits

10. Dynamic pool limit exceeded isl.plists when compiling .app at 16-bits

11. Win registry read in 16 bits ????