VBS in CW4b?
Author Message
 VBS in CW4b?

Is there a way to launch a Visual Basic Script using CW4b, and if, how
would the "call" be implemented???

Thanks for any clue

KTW

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:25:21 GMT
 VBS in CW4b?

Quote:
> Is there a way to launch a Visual Basic Script using CW4b, and if, how
> would the "call" be implemented???

Don't know, but I stumbled just now over this posting in my archive.
May be it's also applicable to VB script. Search for the thread in the NG
and/or take a look at the ClarionMag article

Regards

JB

----------------
Subject:             Re: Windows Script Host
        Date:             Tue, 04 Apr 2000 18:26:49 CDT

  Newsgroups:             TopSpeed.Topic.Suggestions

Quote:

> I wish I could use Clarion as a scripting language or there was an easy way
> in Clarion to do the things that can be done with WSH.

You can use wsh and file system object in CW using ole.  Its all ole. I have
an article coming before the end of april in cwmag that shows that.  I think
the example I used was getting disk size with filesystem object.
---

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:39:14 GMT
 VBS in CW4b?
Hi Jo,
thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to have a copy of your
article published in the cwmag, since my search on the NG (and beyond)
left me with
one "report" telling me that calling vb scripts does not work with
Clarion?

Best regards,

Klaus-Thomas

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:48:03 GMT
 VBS in CW4b?
Yes,
    You can.
    I have a PC Setup application here that the IS staff uses to store/run
a collection of VB scripts that one of the network administrators has
written for maintaining our fleet of PCs.
    If the PC has the .VBS extension registered with windows (so the
script runs if you double-click on it in Windows Explorer), I believe you
can just use something like the freebie ShellExecute template (go to
http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/ and look for Shellex) to launch the
script.
    The code that I use in my application is more primative and relies
upon the fact that our scripting host is always in the exact same spot on
the pCs.

 if Exists('C:\windows\wscript.exe') ! windows 95/98 machine
  Run('C:\Windows\wscript.exe ' & CLIP(ScriptToTurnOn))
else
  if Exists('C:\winnt\system32\wscript.exe') ! windows NT/2000 machine
   Run('C:\WinNT\system32\wscript.exe ' & CLIP(ScriptToTurnOn))
  else
   Message('I can not find scripting host to run this script')
  .
 .

    I currently have this in Clarion 5, so I think you have to modify my
code a bit as I don't think EXISTS() was a function you could use in
Clarion 4.

        Tim

Quote:

> Is there a way to launch a Visual Basic Script using CW4b, and if, how
> would the "call" be implemented???

> Thanks for any clue

> KTW

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:13:35 GMT

1. Launch VBS with CW4b

2. Writing into VBS files, get S002-18...

3. Execute a VBS file from Clarion

4. Very Funny.vbs Virus Alert

5. Reading VBS records in PL/1

6. Need beta testers - parsing vhdl from java, javascript, or vbs

7. Antigen found VBS/Haptime.A@mm (Norman,CA(InoculateIT)) virus

8. Running vbs file from TCL

9. VBS == Very Bad Stuff?

10. About VBS.HappyTime.A