Using external DLL functions in a method
Author Message
 Using external DLL functions in a method

I have been using external Catalyst socket tools DLL's inside an
application with success. You must include some .clw's in the  "After
Global includes" and "inside the global map" embeds to prototype the
functions.(no problems)

I decided to create an object instead of the application so that I can
call the methods in different apps. So I Created an object using
Object Writer and tryed to call external functions from inside a
method. This does not work apparently you must include those clw in
the module instead of in the global embeds.

So I moved the .clw that went "inside the global map" to "module map"
in the module(that contained my methods) embed

My problem is this:
I need add to the module includes some .clw's , but there is no embed
for this, and if I just edit the code and add them, in they are erased
on the next compile.

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using external DLL functions in a method
Given the the chances are pretty high that you will find another app in
which to use the Catalyst stuff, I would write your class(es) as standalone
modules. This way it is easy to include the equates in the .INC files and
the prototypes in the .CLW files of your classes. Wrap them in a template
and it's easy to include in any application.

JAT
Steve B.
[Team Topspeed]

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using external DLL functions in a method
If I add the equates to the "module includes" and the prototypes to
the "module map" embeds, Clarion generates this code(which will not
work)

      Member()
      Include('Equates.CLW')
      Include('TplEqu.CLW')
      Include('Keycodes.CLW')
      Include('Errors.CLW')
      Map
 include('csproto.clw')
      End ! map
      Include('mailo002.inc')
 include('TEST.clw')
 include('cstools.clw')

I need Clarion to add the test.clw and cstools.clw after the
"Member()" and before the "Map" because the prototypes rely on the
equates. The Equates must come BEFORE the prototypes. How can I do
this?

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:21:21 +1100, "Stephen Bottomley"

Quote:

>Given the the chances are pretty high that you will find another app in
>which to use the Catalyst stuff, I would write your class(es) as standalone
>modules. This way it is easy to include the equates in the .INC files and
>the prototypes in the .CLW files of your classes. Wrap them in a template
>and it's easy to include in any application.

>JAT
>Steve B.
>[Team Topspeed]

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using external DLL functions in a method
You want the equates to go in the .INC file before the class declaration.

With Object Writer, you can do this by using the "Before Class Declaration"
embed in your class definition module.

Steve B.
[Team Topspeed]

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll

2. Question about external functions in ::method

3. Calling an non-DLL external function

4. function calls to external dll in 'routine's

5. ACCEPT LOOP / EXTERNAL DLL / FUNCTION CALL / GPF

6. external rexx function dll with cygwin gcc ?

7. Rexx external function DLLs

8. Calling External DLL Functions

9. OS/2, external functions in RxFtp.dll???

10. Creating external function with C DLL

11. VA 3.0 External C function and Crystal Report CRPE32.DLL

12. Unresolved External...using Multiple dll's