Browsing/Creating using Dictionary
Author Message
 Browsing/Creating using Dictionary

I am unable to browse a file from within the Dictionary (right click on file
name, then choose browse).  I get Error (513): Internal error 13.  This
happens whether the file exists (browse the file) or not (create empty
file).  My files are Pervasive.SQL (Btrieve) files although I get the same
problem with other file drivers.  I used to use this method with Clarion 5
to create files initially and then browse them later.  What's up ? Is it me
?

TIA,
Geoff Stevens

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Browsing/Creating using Dictionary
The message below has been posted in the past as a fix.
        Tim
=== begin message======
The problem is usually associated with a C5xbrw.ini or c5x(VERSION).dat file
that is corrupted or too large.  Deleting the files generally solves this
problem.  If you delete the DAT file you will be required to re-serialize
the IDE.

--
bob brooker
SoftVelocity

Quote:

> I am unable to browse a file from within the Dictionary (right click on file
> name, then choose browse).  I get Error (513): Internal error 13.  This
> happens whether the file exists (browse the file) or not (create empty
> file).  My files are Pervasive.SQL (Btrieve) files although I get the same
> problem with other file drivers.  I used to use this method with Clarion 5
> to create files initially and then browse them later.  What's up ? Is it me
> ?

> TIA,
> Geoff Stevens

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Browsing/Creating using Dictionary
Thanks Tim, that's done the trick.

Regards,
Geoff

Quote:
> The message below has been posted in the past as a fix.
>         Tim
> === begin message======
> The problem is usually associated with a C5xbrw.ini or c5x(VERSION).dat
file
> that is corrupted or too large.  Deleting the files generally solves this
> problem.  If you delete the DAT file you will be required to re-serialize
> the IDE.

> --
> bob brooker
> SoftVelocity
> --
> ===end message======

> > I am unable to browse a file from within the Dictionary (right click on
file
> > name, then choose browse).  I get Error (513): Internal error 13.  This
> > happens whether the file exists (browse the file) or not (create empty
> > file).  My files are Pervasive.SQL (Btrieve) files although I get the
same
> > problem with other file drivers.  I used to use this method with Clarion
5
> > to create files initially and then browse them later.  What's up ? Is it
me
> > ?

> > TIA,
> > Geoff Stevens

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating a control at runtime - using Create()

2. How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi

3. Dictionary browse

4. Dictionary browse error

5. Unable to Browse File in Data Dictionary

6. Repost: C5 Dictionary files cannot be browsed/changed etc in C5.5e

7. C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?

8. Progammatically creating a pool dictionary - any problems?

9. Can I create a DDF form the dictionary?

10. Creating DDF's from Dictionary

11. Simple Task! (Creating dictionary)

12. creating a DacEasy dictionary