Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Author Message
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function

When displaying a MESSAGE( ) box I have a number of paragraphs displayed.  I
would like to highlight the contents of a particular paragraph in order to
emphasize the verbiage.  Is there any way to control the BOLD attribute of
the text of the MESSAGE( ) ??

--
Ben E. Brady

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 03:10:45 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Hi Ben,
I don't think there is, as Message() is basically a CW wrapper around the
Win32 MessageBox() API. Why not show a window instead?

Paul

Quote:
> When displaying a MESSAGE( ) box I have a number of paragraphs displayed.
> would like to highlight the contents of a particular paragraph in order to
> emphasize the verbiage.  Is there any way to control the BOLD attribute of
> the text of the MESSAGE( ) ??

> --
> Ben E. Brady

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:32:12 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Actually, because I had not thought of it.... besides... Message( ) is so
convenient...!
Perhaps Alexey or someone will add the functionality in the future...

Ben E. Brady

Quote:
> Hi Ben,
> I don't think there is, as Message() is basically a CW wrapper around the
> Win32 MessageBox() API. Why not show a window instead?

> Paul

> > When displaying a MESSAGE( ) box I have a number of paragraphs
displayed.
> > would like to highlight the contents of a particular paragraph in order
> > emphasize the verbiage.  Is there any way to control the BOLD attribute
of
> > the text of the MESSAGE( ) ??

> > --
> > Ben E. Brady

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 11:11:13 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Make your own window that simulates the message box (sounds like a good
class <g>).  I don't know enough of the API to tell you if it could be done
there.

--
Russ

When displaying a MESSAGE( ) box I have a number of paragraphs displayed.  I
would like to highlight the contents of a particular paragraph in order to
emphasize the verbiage.  Is there any way to control the BOLD attribute of
the text of the MESSAGE( ) ??

--
Ben E. Brady

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:02:41 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Ben,

Messagex does this and a whole lot more for messages - like adding alternate
buttons and allowing code and images and all sorts to your message window -
its dirt cheap (oops - I mean inexpensive :)) about $39 I think and provides
an invaluable alternative!

cheers

John V
Tracker

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:54:47 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Ok.. where do I get it???

Ben

Quote:
> Ben,

> Messagex does this and a whole lot more for messages - like adding
alternate
> buttons and allowing code and images and all sorts to your message
window -
> its dirt cheap (oops - I mean inexpensive :)) about $39 I think and
provides
> an invaluable alternative!

> cheers

> John V
> Tracker

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:06:48 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Thanks John, I couldn't have said that better ;-) ! The url is
http://www.solidsoftware.de/msgex.htm. The price is 59,- US$ now.

Regards,
Chris

Chris Jong
solid.software
http://www.solidsoftware.de

Quote:
> Ben,

> Messagex does this and a whole lot more for messages - like adding
alternate
> buttons and allowing code and images and all sorts to your message
window -
> its dirt cheap (oops - I mean inexpensive :)) about $39 I think and
provides
> an invaluable alternative!

> cheers

> John V
> Tracker

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:17:56 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Thanks! I have ordered it.  It looks like this will do the trick...

Ben E. Brady
Brady & Associates, LLC.

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:49:03 GMT
 Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function
Hi Chris,

pleasure - sorry about the price blip - but its still che... - I mean
inexpensive!

cheers

John
Tracker

Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:43:27 GMT

1. Bolding / Unbolding text in Message()

2. Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function

3. Bold text in EditField

4. Bold text in memos in reports

5. Bold text in memo in report

6. clpwks - formatting text to bold

7. Coding for bold text

8. clipboard filling with formated text (bold) in windows

9. Printing Text Widget with fonts/underlines/bold etc.????

10. output color message (text) to a message box (string)

11. output color message (text) to a message box (string)

12. Changing button text in response to a message