Novell 32-bit Client "Fixer" found
Author Message
 Novell 32-bit Client "Fixer" found

Hi All,

I have discovered in the Novell 32Bit client for windows 95 in the
following place, a flag of seemingly great importance to cw type files if
used on a Novell Network.

from the win95 desktop:

Control Panel - Network - 32Bit Client - Properties - Advanced

a setting called "True Commit" near the bottom of the scrollable list,  this
must be set "ON"  to immediately update lan files used by the
workstation (Typically Topspeed and Clarion files). It is set to "Off" by
default and the screen help on this items states that if the machine
updates important files on the network, that the flag should be set on to
ensure integrity of the files used.

Regards
Jimmy Lishman
Avitronics
Pretoria

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Novell 32-bit Client "Fixer" found

Jimmy,

Thanks for the tip.  I am sure this will come in handy.
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed_Corporation.ConsultingDivision()

[Using MS Internet News on fortress.uccb.ns.ca]

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have discovered in the Novell 32Bit client for windows 95 in the
> following place, a flag of seemingly great importance to cw type files if
> used on a Novell Network.
> [snipped]

Mon, 25 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Novell 32-bit Client

2. Cobol Setcob paths and Novell 32 bit Client problem

3. Error with "Not found: win32com.client"

4. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

5. Novell 4.2, NDS, Client 32 and Clipper

6. SLOW W2000, Novell client 32 4.8sp3, ADS database server

7. Novell 32 client and clipper

8. Novell Client 32 and Strange Errors

9. error 32 in Clipper 5.2 running under WIndows 95 with Novell Client

10. Windows 95 Novell 32 Client bugs

11. Client 32 (Novell) with Clipper Apps.

12. "Python Programming on Win 32" available