Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table
Author Message
 Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table

Can anyone tell me the best process to import multiple columns from multiple
.csv tables into one .tps table?  The convert file function in Clarion only
works with one file at the time.  *IF* the best way is to use this convert
function and edit the .clw to include multiple source files, a sample .clw
file would be appreciated.  If there is a different, more preferred way
please let me know.  Using CW5.5 EE.

--
Best Regards,

Dean Burgess

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:29:24 GMT
 Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table
Probably the "best" way is to use the generated convert file .clw and modify
it to import from multiple .csv tables. There are multiple things to
consider of course depending on exactly what you're trying to do, for
example, are they the same columns from each .csv table and in the same
position, in which case you can just concatenate the .csv files together
using a copy command.

Also, I will write the convert file for you for $100 if you send me the
files and what you're trying to do.

Bob.

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me the best process to import multiple columns from
multiple
> .csv tables into one .tps table?  The convert file function in Clarion
only
> works with one file at the time.  *IF* the best way is to use this convert
> function and edit the .clw to include multiple source files, a sample .clw
> file would be appreciated.  If there is a different, more preferred way
> please let me know.  Using CW5.5 EE.

> --
> Best Regards,

> Dean Burgess

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:29:28 GMT

1. Multiple tables in one tps-file (?)

2. multiple TPS tables in one physical file

3. Stroring multiple tables in a single .tps file vith a variable file name

4. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

5. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

6. New to FORTRAN - Reformatting One Column to Multiple Columns

7. different filters on one browse or multiple browse windows in one main window

8. Parsing CSV file outputting desired information into multiple unique files

9. Merge selected columns from two different files into another file

10. RW Multiple records same row different columns

11. Alias TPS with different path/file name than original file

12. Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file