How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Author Message
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?

Hi all,

It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an intire
record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would like
to skip setting each field manually.

Regards,

Henrik Kartin
Kartin Data
Denmark

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:26:38 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Try this
   clear(PRE:RECORD)
/Niels Larsen

Quote:
> Hi all,

> It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an
intire
> record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

> My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
> therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would like
> to skip setting each field manually.

> Regards,

> Henrik Kartin
> Kartin Data
> Denmark

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:59:52 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Hi Henrik,

Quote:
> Hi all,

> It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an
intire
> record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

> My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
> therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would like
> to skip setting each field manually.

    The same - CLEAR(FIL:RECORD). If you have MEMOs you must clear them
separetely. To clear the key components in ABC you can use
Access:MyFile.ClearKey(FIL:Key) method.

--
Regards,

Anton Novikov

ICQ #50995986

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 20:28:21 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Henrik,

to clear record of MyTable file, you can issue:

     CLEAR(MyTable)
or
     CLEAR(Access:MyTable.File)

Goran Lazic

Quote:
> Hi all,

> It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an
intire
> record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

> My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
> therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would like
> to skip setting each field manually.

> Regards,

> Henrik Kartin
> Kartin Data
> Denmark

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:41:25 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
clear(CUS:Record)

Quote:
> Try this
>    clear(PRE:RECORD)
> /Niels Larsen

> > Hi all,

> > It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an
> intire
> > record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

> > My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
> > therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would
like
> > to skip setting each field manually.

> > Regards,

> > Henrik Kartin
> > Kartin Data
> > Denmark

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:47:48 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Hi Henrik and Niels,

If there is a memo then you need at least 2 statements.

  clear( cus:Record )
  clear( cus:Memo )

Memos are not part of the record structure.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:47:48 +0100, "Jos M. Candel"

Quote:

>clear(CUS:Record)

>> Try this
>>    clear(PRE:RECORD)
>> /Niels Larsen

>> > Hi all,

>> > It seems to me that in legacy templates it's possible to blank out an
>> intire
>> > record in one statement. Can it be done i ABC templates?

>> > My problem is that I need to insert af blank record with over 30 fields
>> > therefore I need to remove the data already in the record and I would
>like
>> > to skip setting each field manually.

>> > Regards,

>> > Henrik Kartin
>> > Kartin Data
>> > Denmark

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:17:58 GMT
 How to blank a intire record in one statement?
Greg,

Quote:
> If there is a memo then you need at least 2 statements.

>   clear( cus:Record )
>   clear( cus:Memo )

> Memos are not part of the record structure.

According to the C55 helpfile:
<< If the label parameter names a FILE structure and the n parameter is
omitted, all variables in the FILE structure (including any
MEMO and/or BLOB fields) are cleared. >>

So CLEAR(file) will clear all fields, incl. Memo's and Blobs, in the file.

HTH

Arie Rens (Advantage Software B.V.)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.advantages.nl
SoftVelocity Software Distributor

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:38:14 GMT

1. strip one field from one record

2. Suppressing blank space from print statement

3. Clipper program appending blank records to database!!!!

4. Adding af blank record to a droplistbox

5. Blank Records??

6. Fields blanking out when inserting new record

7. AddOn for Blank record in File Loaded Drop Box

8. how to specify a blank line as record separator

9. Ignoring Blank records with AWK???

10. Writing to screen and log file in one statement

11. Upper-case conversion in one statement?

12. Can one eliminate statement labels in this example?