External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll
Author Message
 External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll

C5 Link Error: Duplicate Symbol: Dll get version

I am using Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 with Clarion 5. I
have already .lib file for a socketTools dll into my app. I then added
another .lib file for another SocketTools dll into my app and on
compile I get a "Link Error: Duplicate Symbol: Dll get version".
Apparently both dll's have the "dll get version" in them. When the
second .lib file is put into a seperate app it works fine.

I do not need to use "dll get version" so I need some way of removing
it , or making clarion not "see" that. I have several more dll's that
I need to include in the app and all of them have "dll get version" in
them.

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll
Aaron,

Although in the C libs DLLGetVersion is not exported, CW's libmaker doesn't
recognize the private record and includes it in the lib file it creates. Just
use libmaker to remove DLLGetVersion from those libs.

Regards,

Mark

Quote:

>C5 Link Error: Duplicate Symbol: Dll get version

>I am using Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 with Clarion 5. I
>have already .lib file for a socketTools dll into my app. I then added
>another .lib file for another SocketTools dll into my app and on
>compile I get a "Link Error: Duplicate Symbol: Dll get version".
>Apparently both dll's have the "dll get version" in them. When the
>second .lib file is put into a seperate app it works fine.

>I do not need to use "dll get version" so I need some way of removing
>it , or making clarion not "see" that. I have several more dll's that
>I need to include in the app and all of them have "dll get version" in
>them.

----------------------------
sig under construction

Full-time Certified Master Hobbyist

The clueless shall inherit the earth,
and will need directions to get there.

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 External link errors when using external Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition 2.15 dll
Hi Aaron,

Quote:

>I do not need to use "dll get version" so I need some way of removing
>it , or making clarion not "see" that. I have several more dll's that
>I need to include in the app and all of them have "dll get version" in
>them.

Just open the lib file in LibMaker and locate the function and hit the
delete button:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Help Linking Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition to my application

2. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition CW Examples Web Site

3. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition SMTP Example for C5 (ABC)

4. Catalyst SocketTools Library Edition FTP Example for C5 (ABC)

5. Catalyst to ship CW prototypes with SocketTools Library - A call for CW prototypes

6. CIN code and linking to external libraries

7. SocketTools Library Edition Sockets Example for C5a (ABC)

8. SocketTools Library Edition C5 LIBs Available

9. SocketTools Library Edition SMTP Example for C5a (ABC) Updated

10. Free SocketTools Library Edition CW Prototypes Updated

11. Link Error: Unresolved External _CLAFindWindow@ in .....

12. Link Error: Unresolved External Wsl@LibInstance in BTRWON.OBJ