Drop Combo to Auto Drop
Author Message
 Drop Combo to Auto Drop

Hi all,

Quote:

> How can you get a Drop Combo to Auto Drop when selected and if an item
> is already in the field that is on the selected List.  Have it
> selected.

  In the TakeSelected method, before the parent call.

  presskey(downkey)
  get(queue, queuefield)

  should do it.

    Dennis

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 23:17:57 GMT
 Drop Combo to Auto Drop
Jim,
For the drop to match the entry in the drop combo you can implement code
under EVENT:DroppingDown
QueueField = EntryField
GET(Queue,Queuefield)
SELECT(?DropList,Pointer(Queue)

I don't know how to auto drop the combo.
Regards,
Marius Luidens

Quote:

>That didn't work.

>I had already tried that, but tried one more time just to make sure.

>In this case it is a Legacy App (not that it matters) so I tried
>putting it in the Event:Selected which should be the same as placing it
>in TakeSeleced

>No luck.

>Anyone else have an idea on how to make a
>DropCombo Auto Drop and have the correct item selected
>when the control is selected.

>In this case I'm hand coding an EIP that uses the COMBO.

>May sound strange but depending on the Row I want to either
>have a DropDown or an Entry field.  I'm very close, but I really
>do not like the way the Combo is working when selected.
>Tried a DropList before, but it would not show up.  That is when I
>changed over to a COMBO.  I'm very close.

>I want it to Auto Drop and have the correct entry selected.

>Then all the user need to do is select a different selection.

>Currently it always selects the 1st element even if you have one that
>matches.

>This does not make since.

>Jim Mumford

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:18:15 GMT
 Drop Combo to Auto Drop
Jim,
Just to be clearer. There is the property PROP:AlwaysDrop for auto drop
a combo
box but I'm not sure if it works.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

>That didn't work.

>I had already tried that, but tried one more time just to make sure.

>In this case it is a Legacy App (not that it matters) so I tried
>putting it in the Event:Selected which should be the same as placing it
>in TakeSeleced

>No luck.

>Anyone else have an idea on how to make a
>DropCombo Auto Drop and have the correct item selected
>when the control is selected.

>In this case I'm hand coding an EIP that uses the COMBO.

>May sound strange but depending on the Row I want to either
>have a DropDown or an Entry field.  I'm very close, but I really
>do not like the way the Combo is working when selected.
>Tried a DropList before, but it would not show up.  That is when I
>changed over to a COMBO.  I'm very close.

>I want it to Auto Drop and have the correct entry selected.

>Then all the user need to do is select a different selection.

>Currently it always selects the 1st element even if you have one that
>matches.

>This does not make since.

>Jim Mumford

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:24:50 GMT
 Drop Combo to Auto Drop
Hi Jim,
Put under EVENT:Selected of your drop boxes
PRESSKEY(HomeKey) and see if that works for you.
Regards,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

>Marius:

>The Auto Drop is still not working.

>But thanks, the other code solved the selection problem.

>Now if I can just get it to AutoDrop it will all work.

>        OF EVENT:DroppingDown
>   QueueField = EntryField
>   GET(Queue,Queuefield)
>   SELECT(?DropList,Pointer(Queue)

>Jim Mumford

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:26:06 GMT

1. Drop combo related to another drop combo

2. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

3. Auto increment from drop combo box

4. Auto tab from Drop combo

5. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

6. File Drop Combo with ODBC file

7. File Drop Combo Filter Problems

8. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box

9. Drop combo - restore to blank condition

10. Select from File Drop Combo Box ?

11. File Drop Combo

12. Using Alias with Drop Down Combo