Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36
Author Message
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36

A Clarion based program is reporting the following error message "Unable to
read keyed record  Can not continue update ...  Error: 36 Invalid Data File.
I'm not a Clarion programmer and would like to fix the problem without have
to learn a new language.  Does anyone know a simple fix to this problem and
walk me through fixing it?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Sierra

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:53:00 GMT
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36
A Clarion based program is reporting the following error message "Unable to
read keyed record  Can not continue update ...  Error: 36 Invalid Data File.
I'm not a Clarion programmer and would like to fix the problem without have
to learn a new language.  Does anyone know a simple fix to this problem and
walk me through fixing it?

Thanks in advance,
Tony Sierra

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:18:11 GMT
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36
Hi Tony,
Sounds like the program does not march the data.
If you are using Dos2.1 and have the data file source then use filler.exe
to match program source.

That's about it.

hope this helps.

Jim

Quote:
> A Clarion based program is reporting the following error message "Unable
> read keyed record  Can not continue update ...  Error: 36 Invalid Data
File.
> I'm not a Clarion programmer and would like to fix the problem without
have
> to learn a new language.  Does anyone know a simple fix to this problem
and
> walk me through fixing it?

> Thanks in advance,
> Tony Sierra

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:50:36 GMT
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36
Jim, thanks for your reply.  I believe that the version is DOS 2.1, because
the app is DOS based.  I'm not familiar at all with Clarion so I don't no
much about the filler.exe.  A friend who uses this app encountered this
problem and asked me for help since I am a C programmer.  Do all I have to
do is type filler at the command prompt in the directory where the program
resides?  Will filler.exe ask for any instructions?  How could this error
have occurred? Would a power failure cause this error?
Thanks again for you replies in this matter.
Tony Sierra

Quote:
> Hi Tony,
> Sounds like the program does not march the data.
> If you are using Dos2.1 and have the data file source then use filler.exe
> to match program source.

> That's about it.

> hope this helps.

> Jim

> > A Clarion based program is reporting the following error message "Unable
> > read keyed record  Can not continue update ...  Error: 36 Invalid Data
> File.
> > I'm not a Clarion programmer and would like to fix the problem without
> have
> > to learn a new language.  Does anyone know a simple fix to this problem
> and
> > walk me through fixing it?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Tony Sierra

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:40:35 GMT
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36

Tony & Jim,

OPEN or Share will post a error #36 if the OWNER is invalid or the file is corrupted. The error message looks like a custom
trap. If you like Tony send me the file and I'll see if I can fix it for you.

db

Quote:

>Hi Tony,
>Sounds like the program does not march the data.
>If you are using Dos2.1 and have the data file source then use filler.exe
>to match program source.

>That's about it.

>hope this helps.

>Jim

>> A Clarion based program is reporting the following error message "Unable
>> read keyed record  Can not continue update ...  Error: 36 Invalid Data
>File.
>> I'm not a Clarion programmer and would like to fix the problem without
>have
>> to learn a new language.  Does anyone know a simple fix to this problem
>and
>> walk me through fixing it?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Tony Sierra

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:52:51 GMT
 Error: Unable to read keyed record Error 36
Tony,

Quote:
> I'm not familiar at all with Clarion so I don't no
> much about the filler.exe

I think Jim meant Cfil.exe
Cfil wants a source file with the correct file-layout and
will then convert your current file to the correct layout.

Do you know if the file-layout has changed? Or did the
error #36 just started ?
Did they (recently) upgrade their computers?
Due to a timing bug in the RTL of CfD2.x the program
can report those errors as well when run on a machine
greater (faster) than a PII 233MHz.

You can easily find out: When the error occurs, kick
everybody off the network and try the same handling
again (after starting the app again<g>). When it works
this time, you've encounterd the timing bug (try on a
"slow" machine of course).

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:18:53 GMT

1. Error(36) Invalid Data file / Error: Invalid Record Declaration

2. Error 36

3. Error 36 when converting in c55

4. error code 36

5. Error 36 (invalid data file)

6. Error 36 Invalid Data File

7. Error 36 Invalid Data File When Adding Fields

8. CFD 2.1, Win2000, error 36

9. Invalid data file Error(36)

10. Multi DLL with Variable File Name, got Invalid Data File(36) error

11. Error 36 in CFD 2.1 and Win95

12. Error Code 36