How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application
Author Message
 How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application

Hi all.
Is it posible to develop application consisted of one DLL and one EXE on Cla
rion 5.5 EE.
It is simple when we have one dictionary, but I want to have two separated d
ct,
once for DLL and once for EXE.
If it is, how we can do it?

Is it posible on Clarion.
Any helps would be appreciate.
Best regards,

Adam

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:20:40 GMT
 How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application
Hi Adam!

Quote:
> If it is, how we can do it?

> Is it posible on Clarion.

You need Andy Ireland's Modulizer to do that! Contact him at:

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS, NetClip
http://www.pcferret.com/teletools.html for Telephony
http://www.pcferret.com/gps.html for GPS!
Virtual Access 5.51 build 315 Win98
http://counter.li.org ID #184149
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:33:57 GMT
 How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application
if you are using abc then you'll actually need 2 DLL's;

1) main abc dll. Contains just abc - no dict.

2) dll with dict 1. mark abc as external, but files are not external.
Generate all file declarations. link in DLL 1.

3) exe with other dict. abc external. files not external. generate all file
decs. link in DLL 1 and DLL 2.

Should work....

Cheers
Bruce

Quote:
> Hi all.
> Is it posible to develop application consisted of one DLL and one EXE on
Cla
> rion 5.5 EE.
> It is simple when we have one dictionary, but I want to have two separated
> ct,
> once for DLL and once for EXE.
> If it is, how we can do it?

> Is it posible on Clarion.
> Any helps would be appreciate.
> Best regards,

> Adam

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:03:36 GMT
 How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application
Hi Bruce

I also wanted some multi dct stuff a while back, so I was very
interested in this thread. I tried what you suggested below, but could
not get it right.

what do I do wrong?

Quote:

> if you are using abc then you'll actually need 2 DLL's;

> 1) main abc dll. Contains just abc - no dict.

I created an ABC app, no dict and just compiled it as a dll.

Quote:
> 2) dll with dict 1. mark abc as external, but files are not external.
> Generate all file declarations. link in DLL 1.

I created another app, dict1, added 1st dll. Marked ABC "generate
template globals and ABC's as external", but had to tick "Don't
generate globals" otherwise I got two unresolved external link errors.
With this I got my second dll.

Quote:
> 3) exe with other dict. abc external. files not external. generate all file
> decs. link in DLL 1 and DLL 2.

I created another app, dict2, added both dll's, marked ABC as
external. But the moment I start adding browses etc. using dict2
tables, everything goes bonkers. There's a crapload of unknowns,
unresolves, etc. It seems it's looking for ABC declarations, but not
finding anything.
Also, I tried adding the browses,etc. for my dict1 files in my second
dll, but there I got the same chaos when I try to compile.

Am I really missing something very obvious???

Sincerely
Johan Welgemoed

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:34:37 GMT
 How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application
It seems to doesn not work because DLL2 generates files without EXTERNAL
attribute BUT object RELATE:File and ACCESS:File WITH EXTERNAL attribute -
and Linker geneartes an error.

Quote:
> if you are using abc then you'll actually need 2 DLL's;

> 1) main abc dll. Contains just abc - no dict.

> 2) dll with dict 1. mark abc as external, but files are not external.
> Generate all file declarations. link in DLL 1.

> 3) exe with other dict. abc external. files not external. generate all
file
> decs. link in DLL 1 and DLL 2.

> Should work....

> Cheers
> Bruce

> > Hi all.
> > Is it posible to develop application consisted of one DLL and one EXE on
> Cla
> > rion 5.5 EE.
> > It is simple when we have one dictionary, but I want to have two
separated
> > ct,
> > once for DLL and once for EXE.
> > If it is, how we can do it?

> > Is it posible on Clarion.
> > Any helps would be appreciate.
> > Best regards,

> > Adam

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:18:00 GMT

1. DEVELOPING MULTI-THREADED COBOL APPLICATIONS (REFORMATED TEXT)

2. DEVELOPING MULTI-THREADED COBOL APPLICATIONS

3. Multi DLL Multi DCT problem

4. multi DLLs, multi DCTs

5. Multi DLL & Multi DCT

6. Multi dll (abc) and dictionary global data (C5)

7. email from a multi dll application

8. Problems with HTML help and multi dll applications

9. Multi DLL applications

10. Multi-DLL Applications Problem

11. Multi-DLL Applications Problem

12. Multi DLL application