Can I use 16 bit DLL and 32-bit exe together
Author Message
 Can I use 16 bit DLL and 32-bit exe together

Quote:

> Is it possible to make a 16-bit DLL( where those IN and OUT-commands are
> placed) and a 32-bit EXE where that
> 16-bit dLL is called.

No not really. There is a technique called thunking but CW doesnt support
it nor does really any language I know.  You could compile your 16 bit
code as an exe and start the 16 bit exe from the 32 bit exe then have the
16 bit send windows messages back to the 32 bit exe if you are proficient
at some API calls or use dde or any Interprocess Communication technique
you want.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I use 16 bit DLL and 32-bit exe together
Hi !

An industrial card have driver which require DLL to operate. The card works
only if i compile my
app to 16-bit ( app uses IN and OUT-functions).
Is it possible to make a 16-bit DLL( where those IN and OUT-commands are
placed) and a 32-bit EXE where that
16-bit dLL is called.

Kari Louhiranta

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EXE 32 bit and DLLs 16 bit ?

2. Make 16 /32 Exe , calling TS 16-BIT DLL

4. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

5. Building 32 bit DLL from 32 bit EXE

6. Disassemble/Re-assemble DLLs 16-bit to 32-bit

7. Calling 32-bit DLLs from 16-bit code

8. 16 Bit C code using 32 bit Ext Mem

9. Using 16 bit fortran libraries with 32 bit fortran

10. 16, 16/32, 32 bit Forths: Pros/Cons?

11. 32 bit ST communicating with 16 bit VB

12. How to use SE at any color resolution (256, 16-bit, 32-bit)