Xls excel export 
Author Message
 Xls excel export

1. Is there a cheap solution to export/write some data to excel .xls
files?
2. Is there an example doing it using excel ole ?

Thanks
Denis



Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:09:02 GMT  
 Xls excel export

Quote:

> 1. Is there a cheap solution to export/write some data to excel .xls
> files?
> 2. Is there an example doing it using excel ole ?

> Thanks
> Denis

If you plan to do any amount of work with excel at all, I would
strongly advise you to try EasyExcel from Ingasoftplus, it is worth
its weight in gold. But not to worry it is very affordable! And there
is a trial version I believe!


Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:06:24 GMT  
 Xls excel export
Cheap is a relative term <g>, what will you save in the long run by
using a product that will enhance your projects and be more attractive
to clients (full of features). Here are some suggestions.

Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm

"Want to export your data to Excel in a 1 min? EasyExcel is a Class and
a set of Templates providing you an ability to import your data, change
fonts and colours, draw borders, print and save document and do much
more in the Excel!

You'll get libraries, templates, examples and complete on-line
documentation for the class and templates."

Product Description - ExcelBond, MFG - Sterling Data
Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/excelbond.htm

Product Description - IMPEX Import Export Templates, MFG - Sterling Data
Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/impex.htm

"Plus export to Excel XLS files in version 5.1 - IMPEX Version 5.1
required

Export your data to native EXCEL *.XLS files!"

Product Description - Spreadsheet Wizard, MFG - Nice Touch Solutions
Internet Link - http://www.clariontools.com/clarion/default.htm

"Spreadsheet Wizard 2

In addition to XLS, CSV and HTML, SW2 now supports DBF export format
User selected spreadsheet templates may be used as a framework for the
exported data
Starting Row and Starting Column may now be specified by the end-user
Spreadsheet Wizard 2 Requirements:
1) Clarion 5.5 Development Platform
2) Requires a 32 bit application
3) Microsoft Excel is required by the end-user
    (No Need for OCX like Formula One anymore)"

Product Description - Xplore for C4-C5 (ABC Templates),
MFG - DataMatrix Software
Internet Link - http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/

"A browse right-click ability to output the view to a CSV file using the
current filter, in the current order with the current column settings,
and optionally launch the Win9x application associated with the CSV file
type - typically Excel."

David


says...

Quote:
> 1. Is there a cheap solution to export/write some data to excel .xls
> files?
> 2. Is there an example doing it using excel ole ?

> Thanks
> Denis

--
From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Newsgroup and Email
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/


Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:34:43 GMT  
 Xls excel export
A list...Thanks a lot.
Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something special, just
need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one single
request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all so far.

The catch is I can't charge too much for just one single report. If it were
many different reports and many various requests it would me much easier.
But I believe Ill find something appropriate in the list.
Thanks again
Denis


Quote:
> Cheap is a relative term <g>, what will you save in the long run by
> using a product that will enhance your projects and be more attractive
> to clients (full of features). Here are some suggestions.

> Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
> Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm

> "Want to export your data to Excel in a 1 min? EasyExcel is a Class and
> a set of Templates providing you an ability to import your data, change
> fonts and colours, draw borders, print and save document and do much
> more in the Excel!

> You'll get libraries, templates, examples and complete on-line
> documentation for the class and templates."

> Product Description - ExcelBond, MFG - Sterling Data
> Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/excelbond.htm

> Product Description - IMPEX Import Export Templates, MFG - Sterling Data
> Internet Link - http://www.sterlingdata.com/impex.htm

> "Plus export to Excel XLS files in version 5.1 - IMPEX Version 5.1
> required

> Export your data to native EXCEL *.XLS files!"

> Product Description - Spreadsheet Wizard, MFG - Nice Touch Solutions
> Internet Link - http://www.clariontools.com/clarion/default.htm

> "Spreadsheet Wizard 2

> In addition to XLS, CSV and HTML, SW2 now supports DBF export format
> User selected spreadsheet templates may be used as a framework for the
> exported data
> Starting Row and Starting Column may now be specified by the end-user
> Spreadsheet Wizard 2 Requirements:
> 1) Clarion 5.5 Development Platform
> 2) Requires a 32 bit application
> 3) Microsoft Excel is required by the end-user
>     (No Need for OCX like Formula One anymore)"

> Product Description - Xplore for C4-C5 (ABC Templates),
> MFG - DataMatrix Software
> Internet Link - http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/

> "A browse right-click ability to output the view to a CSV file using the
> current filter, in the current order with the current column settings,
> and optionally launch the Win9x application associated with the CSV file
> type - typically Excel."

> David


> says...
> > 1. Is there a cheap solution to export/write some data to excel .xls
> > files?
> > 2. Is there an example doing it using excel ole ?

> > Thanks
> > Denis

> --
> From David Troxell - Product Scope 32 PRO - Encourager Software

> Profile Exchanges - Home Theater, Search Engines, Newsgroup and Email
> http://www.encouragersoftware.com/



Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:17:07 GMT  
 Xls excel export
If you're creating a new excel file couldn't you export your data to a dbase
file that could be opened in excel?
If the user just needs the raw data I would think this would be sufficient.

Ed Campbell


Quote:
> 1. Is there a cheap solution to export/write some data to excel .xls
> files?
> 2. Is there an example doing it using excel ole ?

> Thanks
> Denis



Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:19:48 GMT  
 Xls excel export

Quote:
> Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something special,
just
> need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one single
> request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
> fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all so

far.

Exactly ! You need this:

Quote:
> > Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
> > Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm



Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:30:24 GMT  
 Xls excel export


Quote:

> > Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something special,
> just
> > need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one single
> > request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
> > fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all so
> far.

another alternative is to add a .dbf file to the dct, and write whatever
records you need to that file.  Excel reads .dbf files directly.
After creating the file, you can add a "run" line to start Excel
and open your file.


Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:30:28 GMT  
 Xls excel export
Nearly the same functionality is available for free: The Softmasters Office
templates:
http://www.softmasters.com.ar/index.html?/officet

Unfortunately both products (EasyExcel and Softmaster) don't support
exporting to .XLS format directly bus need Excel to be active and use
OLX/DDE to fill and format cells . Filling a sheet with some thousands cells
with OLX is very very slow.

Direct export to .XLS is offered with IMPEX + ExcelBond
http://www.sterlingdata.com/impex.htm but is a bit more expensive.

Geert Heijnen


Quote:

> > Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something special,
> just
> > need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one single
> > request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
> > fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all so
> far.

> Exactly ! You need this:

> > > Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
> > > Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm



Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:13:32 GMT  
 Xls excel export
FWIW,

I've always exported to CSV and then ShellExecute Excel
The clients like the speed (OLE to Excel is SLLOOOW) and the avaiability of the
CSV file.

Chris C.

Quote:

>Nearly the same functionality is available for free: The Softmasters Office
>templates:
>http://www.softmasters.com.ar/index.html?/officet

>Unfortunately both products (EasyExcel and Softmaster) don't support
>exporting to .XLS format directly bus need Excel to be active and use
>OLX/DDE to fill and format cells . Filling a sheet with some thousands cells
>with OLX is very very slow.

>Direct export to .XLS is offered with IMPEX + ExcelBond
>http://www.sterlingdata.com/impex.htm but is a bit more expensive.

>Geert Heijnen



>> > Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something special,
>> just
>> > need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one single
>> > request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
>> > fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all so
>> far.

>> Exactly ! You need this:

>> > > Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
>> > > Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm

Chris C., Cordes Software, Maywood, New Joisey
CW, and C5EE


Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:33:44 GMT  
 Xls excel export
Chris,

I tried the same, but get stuck with the difference between text and
numbers.
When creating .CSV and having a text-field that contains 000123 it is
converted to numerical 123.
A text field containing 016992891019 is converted to numerical 1.699289E+10
or something.
The only way this works is when exporting to a .TXT file and manually
importing into Excel, telling Excel to treat the fields as text field.

Geert Heijnen


Quote:
> FWIW,

> I've always exported to CSV and then ShellExecute Excel
> The clients like the speed (OLE to Excel is SLLOOOW) and the avaiability
of the
> CSV file.

> Chris C.


> >Nearly the same functionality is available for free: The Softmasters
Office
> >templates:
> >http://www.softmasters.com.ar/index.html?/officet

> >Unfortunately both products (EasyExcel and Softmaster) don't support
> >exporting to .XLS format directly bus need Excel to be active and use
> >OLX/DDE to fill and format cells . Filling a sheet with some thousands
cells
> >with OLX is very very slow.

> >Direct export to .XLS is offered with IMPEX + ExcelBond
> >http://www.sterlingdata.com/impex.htm but is a bit more expensive.

> >Geert Heijnen



> >> > Cheap is a relative term, but I do not intend to do something
special,
> >> just
> >> > need a tool to use it occasionally. In fact now I just have one
single
> >> > request from a costumer that wants to have one report in xls, with no
> >> > fomulas, just some graph looking sheet with colored cells. Thats all
so
> >> far.

> >> Exactly ! You need this:

> >> > > Product Description - EasyExcel, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
> >> > > Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.hotbox.ru/id20.htm

> Chris C., Cordes Software, Maywood, New Joisey
> CW, and C5EE



Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:46:08 GMT  
 Xls excel export
Hi Geert,

Have you tried enclosing text entries with quotes in the CSV file?

for example
1,"001.2200",1.12

Just a thought.

Regards,
Steve

Quote:

>Chris,

>I tried the same, but get stuck with the difference between text and
>numbers.
>When creating .CSV and having a text-field that contains 000123 it is
>converted to numerical 123.
>A text field containing 016992891019 is converted to numerical 1.699289E+10
>or something.
>The only way this works is when exporting to a .TXT file and manually
>importing into Excel, telling Excel to treat the fields as text field.

>Geert Heijnen

Legal Labs, Inc.



Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:43:20 GMT  
 Xls excel export
"001.2200" will be converted by the Excel parser to 1.22.

A single tick will mark it as text so that '001.2200 will display but
although using the GUI will hide the tick, importing will still show this
leading tick.

So
1,"001.2200",1.12 => 1, 1.22, 1.12
1,"'001.2200",1.12 => 1, '001.2200, 1.12
1,'001.2200,1.12 => 1, '001.2200, 1.12

Regards John


Quote:
> Hi Geert,

> Have you tried enclosing text entries with quotes in the CSV file?

> for example
> 1,"001.2200",1.12

> Just a thought.

> Regards,
> Steve


> >Chris,

> >I tried the same, but get stuck with the difference between text and
> >numbers.
> >When creating .CSV and having a text-field that contains 000123 it is
> >converted to numerical 123.
> >A text field containing 016992891019 is converted to numerical
1.699289E+10
> >or something.
> >The only way this works is when exporting to a .TXT file and manually
> >importing into Excel, telling Excel to treat the fields as text field.

> >Geert Heijnen

> Legal Labs, Inc.




Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:32:34 GMT  
 Xls excel export
Hi,

You can do it using my ExcelWrite class:
XLS.WriteValue (xlsText, xlsFont1, xlsLeftAlign, xlsNormal, Row, Column,
'016992891019')
will write string value.
ExcelWrite is available at www.klarisoft.com

--
Leonid Chudakov

Cool tools and {*filter*} Clarion examples at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/


Quote:
> "001.2200" will be converted by the Excel parser to 1.22.

> A single tick will mark it as text so that '001.2200 will display but
> although using the GUI will hide the tick, importing will still show this
> leading tick.

> So
> 1,"001.2200",1.12 => 1, 1.22, 1.12
> 1,"'001.2200",1.12 => 1, '001.2200, 1.12
> 1,'001.2200,1.12 => 1, '001.2200, 1.12

> Regards John



> > Hi Geert,

> > Have you tried enclosing text entries with quotes in the CSV file?

> > for example
> > 1,"001.2200",1.12

> > Just a thought.

> > Regards,
> > Steve


> > >Chris,

> > >I tried the same, but get stuck with the difference between text and
> > >numbers.
> > >When creating .CSV and having a text-field that contains 000123 it is
> > >converted to numerical 123.
> > >A text field containing 016992891019 is converted to numerical
> 1.699289E+10
> > >or something.
> > >The only way this works is when exporting to a .TXT file and manually
> > >importing into Excel, telling Excel to treat the fields as text field.

> > >Geert Heijnen

> > Legal Labs, Inc.




Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:24:30 GMT  
 
 [ 13 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. export to xls

2. XLS - to DBF export

3. Export .tps to .xls or .dbf

4. Export of .tps files to .xls, .txt or .dbs

5. Excel xls file format

6. Fortran/C reading Excel (.xls) files

7. Read Excel (xls) files

8. Read .xls (Excel) files

9. Excel users: here's a proc to convert XLS files to CSV format (correction)

10. Excel users: here's a proc to convert XLS files to CSV format

11. Export Clarion database to Excel or text file?

12. Export a file to excel

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software