DLL Error Message on Compile
Author Message
 DLL Error Message on Compile

Since upgrading to C5a, I get the following error message when I compile
my program:
This program or a component DLL requires C5RUNX version 5.001.00 or
later.  This version is 5.000.00.
I have deleted my C5RUN.DLL 5.000.00, and now only have the 5.001.00 and
I still get the same error messages.  It will compile successfully if I
copy it into that program file.
Can someone give me some advise on correcting this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dan Simler
Apex, NC

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL Error Message on Compile
Quote:

> This program or a component DLL requires C5RUNX version 5.001.00 or
> later.  This version is 5.000.00.
> I have deleted my C5RUN.DLL
> 5.000.00, and now only have the 5.001.00 and I still get the same
> error

Note the error message says c5runX (32bit) and you deleted c5run (16
bit).  Combination of using find and check your path should do it.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL Error Message on Compile
Hi Jim:
I failed to mention in the previous post that I deleted both the 32 & 16
bit C5RUNX.DLL & C5RUN.DLL.  I know that the only DLL's I have in my BIN
directory are the current versions...... and they work fine if I copy
them into my program file.  I'm sure this is something simple that I am
overlooking.
Thanks for your response.
Quote:

> > This program or a component DLL requires C5RUNX version 5.001.00 or
> > later.  This version is 5.000.00.
> > I have deleted my C5RUN.DLL
> > 5.000.00, and now only have the 5.001.00 and I still get the same
> > error

> Note the error message says c5runX (32bit) and you deleted c5run (16
> bit).  Combination of using find and check your path should do it.
> ---
> Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> Productive Software Solutions
> Can't Find that Message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DLL Error Message on Compile

Quote:

> I failed to mention in the previous post that I deleted both the 32 & 16
> bit C5RUNX.DLL & C5RUN.DLL.  I know that the only DLL's I have in my BIN
> directory are the current versions...... and they work fine if I copy
> them into my program file.  I'm sure this is something simple that I am
> overlooking.

Well this is the order windows looks for a dll in.  Somewhere before it
gets to the \bin on your path its finding another copy.  When you put the
dlls in #1 then it works.

1. The directory from which the application loaded.
2. The current directory.
3. Windows 95/98: The Windows system directory. Use the GetSystemDirectory
function to get the path of this directory.
Windows NT/2000: The 32-bit Windows system directory. Use the
GetSystemDirectory function to get the path of this directory. The name of
this directory is SYSTEM32.

4. Windows NT/2000: The 16-bit Windows system directory. There is no
function that obtains the path of this directory, but it is searched. The
name of this directory is SYSTEM.
5. The Windows directory. Use the GetWindowsDirectory function to get the
path of this directory.
6. The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.

---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to call non-existing .dll without getting error messages

2. Override clarion error messages in Multi-dll app

3. Error message when compile CA Clipper

4. Compiled Program Gives Error Message

5. Unique ID numbers for compile/runtime error messages?

6. Strange error message when importing DLL

7. Compile time error messages...???

8. DLL compile errors

9. Compile error in DLL.

10. Unresolved error when compiling dll

11. compile error on winnt tcl8.3.4 when at the last create the tcl83.dll

12. How to compile and link to C-DLL out of COBOL-DLL (MF)