CW2.003 - Printing Properties question..
Author Message
 CW2.003 - Printing Properties question..

Folks, I've got a multiuser app - which prints shipping labels to a
Costar printer.

The Costar printer is attached directly to the COM2 port on one users
machine, and is shared over the network via Windows95.

It is shared as \SHIPPING, on machine \\debie

It can be printed to by all machines EXCEPT the one it's connected
to..

In my app - I'd setup the report by setting the printer properties
thusly:

        PRINTER{PROPPRINT:device} = 'SHIPPING'

This works on all machines except the local one...

I'm currently compiling a version which uses the syntax:

        PRINTER{PROPPRINT:device} = '\\DEBIE\SHIPPING'

But, I seem to remember trying this once before and finding it didn't
work.

Any thoughts? Especially on WIN95 printer sharing and the syntax
needed to set the path to it in CW??

TIA!

====================================
        Don Eilenberger
          Bid-Service
      225 Willowbrook Rd
      Freehold, NJ 07728

====================================

Fri, 07 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW2.003 - changing font properties in a report

2. CW2.003: How to edit/print single instance records

3. Print Preview Problem in CW2.003

4. Another Encryption Question (CW2.003)

5. CW2.003, Elementary DDE question(s)

6. Drag and Drop question - CW2.003

7. VFWin, CW2.003 & WMF question

8. CW2.003 - CASE.OF.END question..

9. CW2.003 Btrive 6.15 from 16 to 32 bits

10. Need backup CW2.003 32 bits to anydrive

11. Email & Fax for CW2.003

12. CW2.003: Images determined at run-time?