16bit to 32bit conversion
Author Message
 16bit to 32bit conversion

Quote:

> Furthermore the size of the compiled 32bit exe doubled twice from my
> 16bit excutable. One more thing, isn't 32bit clarion exe work on a
> hybrid mode between 16bit and 32bit??

Turn Debug off. In 32 bit debug info goes in the file but not in 16 bit
so the file looks bigger.  Since abc reuses the same code in all
browses, if you have a few browses then it should be less code with
debug off for both abc and legacy.  I dont know the source of your
errors.  Exe's or Dll's do NOT work in a mixed mode. All must be 16 bit
or all must be 32 bit.  When you add libs to the 32 bit project be sure
to use the external dll and not external lib template.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16bit to 32bit conversion
Hi,

   I currently written my app using clarion 5ee, I'm using ABC template
and compiled it to a 16bit exe and dll. That works fine with me untill
the day i started compile it into 32bit application.

  When i compile it into 32bit, there alot of error start comming out
sepecially TSCLAW and SEG CLASS error. Can anyone tell me what is wrong
with my app.

I tryed to resolve this by splitting out the app, but the app splited
ina ratio of 1:3. This look like that ABC template use much more code
than the legacy. As i made understood by the help files that the ABC
uses less code and more compact than legacy.

Furthermore the size of the compiled 32bit exe doubled twice from my
16bit excutable. One more thing, isn't 32bit clarion exe work on a
hybrid mode between 16bit and 32bit??

Please advice... thanx in advance for your help

B. Regards,
Elvin Lok

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16bit to 32bit conversion
Cosec,

Quote:
> When i compile it into 32bit, there alot of error start comming out
> sepecially TSCLAW and SEG CLASS error. Can anyone tell me what is wrong
> with my app.

Did you build the dll first, and then the exe?

Dave

Dave Harms

Clarion Magazine - The Information Source for Clarion Developers
http://www.clarionmag.com

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16bit to 32bit conversion
Dave,

Quote:

> Did you build the dll first, and then the exe?

> Dave

Yes, i cleaned all the compilation file, clw, obj and others first before i
do the compilation.

elvin

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16bit to 32bit conversion
Cosec,

Quote:
> Yes, i cleaned all the compilation file, clw, obj and others first before i
> do the compilation.

Where exactly do the errors happen? I know I've had something similar in the
past and I believe it was a link problem. Sounds like you're mixing 16 and 32
bit code, but my recollection is hazy.

Dave

Dave Harms

Clarion Magazine - The Information Source for Clarion Developers
http://www.clarionmag.com

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16bit to 32bit conversion
Dave

Quote:
> Where exactly do the errors happen? I know I've had something similar in the
> past and I believe it was a link problem. Sounds like you're mixing 16 and 32
> bit code, but my recollection is hazy.

It happen when i compile it. I've checked my compilation mode and its all in
32bit.

Anyway i think its maybe my application is too large. I have around 22 dll and 1
exe.
My dictionary contain 150 over TPS data files with average of 15 - 20 files
declaration in each app are exported as external.

Do this effect the compilation also.

elvin

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help request: Realia 16bit to 32bit conversion problem

2. Problem: Changing from 16bit to 32bit

3. Going from 16bit to 32bit

4. 32bit runtime errors - 16bit runs fim

5. 32bit vs 16bit

6. Detecting 16bit or 32bit OS

7. Help: 16bit or 32bit-dll

8. Clarion - 32bit application slower than 16bit

9. 32bit menu vs 16bit

10. SecWin 16bit & 32bit

11. 32bit application slower than 16bit