Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call
Author Message
 Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call

I've been trying to use the ShellExecute API call to print a word document from
a Clarion program using Clarion5.  I prototyped it as following

HINSTANCE               EQUATE(UNSIGNED)
HWND                       EQUATE(UNSIGNED)
LPCSTR                     EQUATE(CSTRING)

  MODULE('WIN32.LIB')
     ShellExecute(HWND,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,SIGNED),HINSTANCE,P
ASCAL,RAW
  END

Everything compiles fine however when it gets to the linking stage I get the
following error:
Link Error: Unresolved External SHELLEXECUTE in cost011.obj
I've tried everything I can think of so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call
Quote:

> MODULE('WIN32.LIB')
>      ShellExecute(HWND,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,SIGNED),HINSTANCE,P
> ASCAL,RAW
>   END

add ,name('ShellExecuteA') to the prototype.
-----
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unresolved External Error when trying to use WINAPI call
In Cw20 i have needed to ensure the NAME attribute is correct for the
version (either 16 or 32 bit) i'm compiling for. Some add A to the end. Just
a thought
Good Luck,
Ken Moyer
Interstate Cash Register
Quote:

>I've been trying to use the ShellExecute API call to print a word document
from
>a Clarion program using Clarion5.  I prototyped it as following

>HINSTANCE               EQUATE(UNSIGNED)
>HWND                       EQUATE(UNSIGNED)
>LPCSTR                     EQUATE(CSTRING)

>  MODULE('WIN32.LIB')
>     ShellExecute(HWND,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,*LPCSTR,SIGNED),HINSTANCE,P
>ASCAL,RAW
>  END

>Everything compiles fine however when it gets to the linking stage I get
the
>following error:
>Link Error: Unresolved External SHELLEXECUTE in cost011.obj
>I've tried everything I can think of so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

>Thank You

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WINAPI CreateWindow unresolved external ??

2. Problem calling ShellExecute: Unresolved External

3. unresolved external symbol while calling setvbuf3f

4. Unresolved External error snd C5clwx.exe problem

5. Link Error: Unresolved External _CLAFindWindow@ in .....

6. Link Error: Unresolved External Wsl@LibInstance in BTRWON.OBJ

7. C4c --- Link Error: Unresolved External

8. C4c --- Link Error: Unresolved External

9. Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)

10. Link Error: Unresolved external file

11. Unresolved External in Module ... Error

12. Link Error: UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL Datafixes @F - in MAIN(FRAME)