For Brian Staff and XPlore users
Author Message
 For Brian Staff and XPlore users

Brian, et al:

I just updated to C55(h) and I am noticing that anytime I apply an XPlore
filter to a browse, it goes blank.  Is this a known thing with a fix?  I
believe I have version 41 or 42 of XPlore.  I know I didn't have this with
C55(g).

Thanks.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:13:15 GMT
 For Brian Staff and XPlore users
Yes - after reverting back to C55(g), it is resolved.  So Brian, it looks
like SV has broke your code somehow.

Quote:
> Brian, et al:

> I just updated to C55(h) and I am noticing that anytime I apply an XPlore
> filter to a browse, it goes blank.  Is this a known thing with a fix?  I
> believe I have version 41 or 42 of XPlore.  I know I didn't have this with
> C55(g).

> Thanks.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:19:06 GMT
 For Brian Staff and XPlore users
In patch H, SV  made some changes to the std ABQUERY class which Xplore (along
with other 3rd party products) use to do filtering.

As far as I can tell, it mis-handles any filter using the ^ (caseless)
character - see SetLimit method of the Query Class.

Brian Staff (Phoenix)

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:51:28 GMT
 For Brian Staff and XPlore users
Kingsley,

Make the following change to ABQuery.clw:

ParseBound ROUTINE
  IF NOT SELF.Fields.Middle &= NULL
?    ASSERT(SELF.Fields.Middle = Value)
    Operator = Operator & '='
  END
  MakeOperator(Operator,Value,Operator,Value)
  IF Value[1] = '^'
     CaseLess = 1
     Value = UPPER(Value[2:Len(Value)])   !this line seems to fix the filter
C55h problem in Xplore
!     Value = CHOOSE (Length <= 1, '', UPPER(Value[2:Length]))
  END

Quote:
> Yes - after reverting back to C55(g), it is resolved.  So Brian, it looks
> like SV has broke your code somehow.

> > Brian, et al:

> > I just updated to C55(h) and I am noticing that anytime I apply an
XPlore
> > filter to a browse, it goes blank.  Is this a known thing with a fix?  I
> > believe I have version 41 or 42 of XPlore.  I know I didn't have this
with
> > C55(g).

> > Thanks.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:58:08 GMT
 For Brian Staff and XPlore users
The ABquery.clw file has been altered.
There is a repaired version on the Clarion Foundry.

        Tim

Quote:

> Yes - after reverting back to C55(g), it is resolved.  So Brian, it looks
> like SV has broke your code somehow.

> > Brian, et al:

> > I just updated to C55(h) and I am noticing that anytime I apply an XPlore
> > filter to a browse, it goes blank.  Is this a known thing with a fix?  I
> > believe I have version 41 or 42 of XPlore.  I know I didn't have this with
> > C55(g).

> > Thanks.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:51:41 GMT

1. Window not on top -- when using the Brian Staff Explore templates

2. Xplore Problem - New User

3. ** ATTN ** Brian Staff -- A virus is being sent from your eMail...

4. Xplore template and Terminal Service

5. xplore and view template from nicetouch

6. Xplore Templates Stacked Columns

7. Xplore Templates

8. Sort order by clicking browse header like Xplore

9. XPlore for C5.5?

10. XPLORE TEMPLATES FROM DataMatrix Software

11. Xplore SetFilter Question

12. Locating with no keys but using Xplore