Printing Report to MS Word Document
Author Message
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Hi All,

I have been thinking of remote report delivery for the project I am
currently working on and wondered if it is possible to print a
standard CW report to a MS Word Document either through a third party
template or a system driver.

This would be great to print a report to a document then attach it to
an email message and send it on its way through the Internet.  Any
thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Best Regards,

Andy Kaczmarczyk
Auratek International

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Quote:

>Hi All,
>I have been thinking of remote report delivery for the project I am
>currently working on and wondered if it is possible to print a
>standard CW report to a MS Word Document either through a third party
>template or a system driver.
>This would be great to print a report to a document then attach it to
>an email message and send it on its way through the Internet.  Any
>thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

If you have CW 2.0, then you can use OLE to print the document.

Mike Gould

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Quote:

>>currently working on and wondered if it is possible to print a
>>standard CW report to a MS Word Document either through a third party
>>template or a system driver.
>If you have CW 2.0, then you can use OLE to print the document.

If I used OLE, would this allow me to take a CW report and pass it to
MS Word or what?  I would also like all the formatting of my report in
the document, lines, fonts, etc but not the overhead of simply storing
a WMF in Word, is this possible?  Could you please give me some clues
as to how this would work in practice.

Best Regards,

Andy Kaczmarczyk
Auratek International

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Quote:

>>>currently working on and wondered if it is possible to print a
>>>standard CW report to a MS Word Document either through a third party
>>>template or a system driver.
>>If you have CW 2.0, then you can use OLE to print the document.
>If I used OLE, would this allow me to take a CW report and pass it to
>MS Word or what?  I would also like all the formatting of my report in
>the document, lines, fonts, etc but not the overhead of simply storing
>a WMF in Word, is this possible?  Could you please give me some clues
>as to how this would work in practice.

Andy,
  I would suggest that you subscribe to the new Clarion for Windows
Journal.  OLE Paulson, the CW OLE author did a very nice article in
this issue about using OLE with CW.  There was a nice example of
calling MS Word.

Mike Gould
| Michael Gould                                              |
| TopSpeed Corporation - Consulting Division                 |
| Team TopSpeed - Internet                                   |

| CIS   :  71756,3176                                        |

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Quote:

>If I used OLE, would this allow me to take a CW report and pass it to
>MS Word or what?  I would also like all the formatting of my report in
>the document, lines, fonts, etc but not the overhead of simply storing
>a WMF in Word, is this possible?  Could you please give me some clues
>as to how this would work in practice.
>Best Regards,
>Andy Kaczmarczyk
>Auratek International

Another possible solution would be to output your data to a
comma-delimited file, then use Word's mail merge. Create a Master
document with the formatting you want, then merge the output data into
the master document. You can write a macro in Word to automate this or
Use OLE to control Word.

JAT,
Jim

+==================================================================>
|==================================================================>
| e-mail:                          Visit our web site:

| Standard Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this message are
|                      mine and mine alone.
+==================================================================>

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report to MS Word Document

Quote:
> Hi All,

**cut**
> This would be great to print a report to a document then attach it to
> an email message and send it on its way through the Internet.  Any
> thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

You can try to do Print Preview. This is stored in temporary WMF files.
Then rename those WMFs, so the CW library won't delete them. Then you could
attach them to the email as files. Most windows applications can understand
WMFs and display them.

--
Szymon Slupik
CDN - Compact Disc Novelty, Krakow, Poland

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. The best solution for printing report into MS Word document

2. Printing MS-WORD documents

3. tcom. Print pages from MS Word document

4. Print Report with MS Word for Windows

5. Re : Reading MS Word Document

6. MS Word Documents

7. Clipper ->MS Word document?

8. Write a MS Word document ?

9. Wanted: module to access MS-Word Documents

10. Reading from MS Word and Excel documents

11. Code to recognize MS-Word document files?

12. Class(y) 2.4b, with documentation for MS-Word 97, MS-Word 6.0 and WordPerfect 7.0