Merant ODBC access to Progres database
Author Message
 Merant ODBC access to Progres database

Hello World!

I hope someone out there can help me. I have two problems with
connecting to a Progress database using the Merant ODBC 3.6 drivers
using CW4.

1. Every time I start my app, the ODBC loging screen appears asking me
for database name, user id and password. How can I stop this
happening? The database doesn't have any security enabled, and I have
unticked the security required checkbox in the ODBC connection
details.

2. I can't seem to delete more than one record in a browse instance
without having to terminate the instance and start another.
Alternatively, I can just start another instance of the browse and be
able to delete just one record from that one. After deleting a record,
I can't seem to add one either.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve
Stephen Bassett
(Remove .nospam for my real email address)

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:24:49 GMT

1. ODBC access to Access 97 database woes

2. ODBC access to Clarion database

3. ODBC / Access database connection

4. SQLError UPDATE Access 7 database with ODBC

5. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

6. Access SQL database without ODBC

7. ECLI : ODBC/CLI access to Relational Databases

8. ODBC database access from Ruby

9. ODBC error after compacting Access 97 database

10. Accessing ODBC Database

11. Microsoft Access Database connecting from Python through ODBC

12. ODBC inserting to Access database