Didi this ever happen?

Regards
Gary Finlay

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:27:04 GMT
 Clarion/PHP 1.0
What, specifically, do you mean?  If you mean, is it possible to talk to a
PHP program via Clarion then sure.  Windows API has a number of functions to
make it easy to talk to web pages.  Search google by my name to find an
example.  Alternatives to pure API would be nettalk or any of the other
winsock abstraction libraries out there.  I don't use any of them, so if you
pursue that route then you'll want to get some other opinions.

If you mean, can I write a PHP program in Clarion then the answer is going
to lean more toward no, depending on how good you are and depending on what
system is running your PHP app.  If your PHP app is running on a windows
box, then you could probably write a DLL in clarion and interface with it
from PHP.  (I'm not sure how PHP works, but I know you can do this in ASP).

Anyway, you should post some more details about what specifically you are
hoping to do.

Good luck!

- Dan Gorrell

Quote:
> Clarion/PHP 1.0

> Didi this ever happen?

> Regards
> Gary Finlay

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:39:15 GMT
 Clarion/PHP 1.0
Dan,

Softvelocity announced that they were working on a product to produce PHP
code much like their ASP templates.  I'm sure that once C6 goes gold, they
will be able to finish the PHP product.

Michael Gould

Quote:
> What, specifically, do you mean?  If you mean, is it possible to talk to a
> PHP program via Clarion then sure.  Windows API has a number of functions
> make it easy to talk to web pages.  Search google by my name to find an
> example.  Alternatives to pure API would be nettalk or any of the other
> winsock abstraction libraries out there.  I don't use any of them, so if
you
> pursue that route then you'll want to get some other opinions.

> If you mean, can I write a PHP program in Clarion then the answer is going
> to lean more toward no, depending on how good you are and depending on
what
> system is running your PHP app.  If your PHP app is running on a windows
> box, then you could probably write a DLL in clarion and interface with it
> from PHP.  (I'm not sure how PHP works, but I know you can do this in
ASP).

> Anyway, you should post some more details about what specifically you are
> hoping to do.

> Good luck!

> - Dan Gorrell

> > Clarion/PHP 1.0

> > Didi this ever happen?

> > Regards
> > Gary Finlay

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 05:08:42 GMT
 Clarion/PHP 1.0
Gary,

Quote:
> Clarion/PHP 1.0

> Didi this ever happen?

http://www.softvelocity.com/news/ne_newsletter_sep2002.htm is the last
news I've seen.

Dave

Dave Harms

Looking for C6 EA compatible products?
http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/products.html?catid=163&subcatid=168

In-depth Clarion articles, news, tips & tricks
Plus the Clarion Online Archives!
Clarion Magazine: http://www.clarionmag.com

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:34:18 GMT
 Clarion/PHP 1.0
"last NEWS"
:-)))

--
AB

Quote:
> Gary,

> > Clarion/PHP 1.0

> > Didi this ever happen?

> http://www.softvelocity.com/news/ne_newsletter_sep2002.htm is the last
> news I've seen.

> Dave

> Dave Harms

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:42:02 GMT
 Clarion/PHP 1.0
Gary,

  The PHP templates are on hold until after C6 goes gold. SV is putting
it's focus on making C6 the best Clarion release yet.

Ron

Quote:

> Clarion/PHP 1.0

> Didi this ever happen?

> Regards
> Gary Finlay

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:53:30 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: mkWidgets 1.3, mkHttpd 1.0, mkTulip 1.0, mkZiplib 1.0, mkGeneric 1.3

2. Clarion OLE Class Generator 1.0 Beta3

3. make errors with clarion 1.0 (rel 1003)

4. Clarion for Windows 1.0 needs help!

5. Clarion/PHP and ASP...

6. Scintilla 1.0 and SciTE 1.0

7. ANNOUNCE: libFreiburg 1.0 and tclFreiburg 1.0 source-code and documentation

8. php newsgroup [ alt.php ]

9. install PHP 4.2 and PHP 4.3 on the same host

10. Calling PHP Code Snippets within PHP Application

11. php mysql sample code php shareware like KB knowledgebase

12. different PHP-Version with differengt php.ini files?