ABC Exe Called From Clarion Exe
Author Message
 ABC Exe Called From Clarion Exe

I have an app using clarion template chain and I have created an ABC
exe I want to call with EIP features.

There should be no problem right?

Since I want the ABC exe to not use its frame menu I would want it to
act like calling a DLL and go straight to a browse. This browse is the
main proc int the Exe. How do I call just the browse on entering the
ABC Exe and close the exe on leaving the browse?

Thanks

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ABC Exe Called From Clarion Exe
Hi Jimmy!

First, when you call a Clarion EXE, it automatically runs the First
Procedure. If you don't need the Frame, you can just change the app to use
the browse procedure as your "First Procedure." See the Application
Properties screen.

If you DO need to have the Frame, because you sometimes run the ABC app
independently, then I suggest using a Command Line parameter, "/BROWSE", for
example, and coding the following in the Global Embed "Program Setup":

IF COMMAND('/BROWSE') THEN
    MyABCBrowseProcedureName
    RETURN
END

This will all happen before the call to the Frame.

Quote:
> I have an app using clarion template chain and I have created an ABC
> exe I want to call with EIP features.

> There should be no problem right?

> Since I want the ABC exe to not use its frame menu I would want it to
> act like calling a DLL and go straight to a browse. This browse is the
> main proc int the Exe. How do I call just the browse on entering the
> ABC Exe and close the exe on leaving the browse?

> Thanks

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GPF in EXE calling EXE

2. 32-Bit NMAKE.EXE, LINK.EXE, LIB.EXE, & RC.EXE

3. Problem calling my .EXE that calls Tcl_EvalFile() from wish 8.0

4. c5print.exe and c5printx.exe cannot run in the root directory of a network drive

5. cscn.exe and cvvt.exe

6. Splitting a big .exe in a smale.exe and many ddl's in C4b

7. ntvdm.exe - Application Error when running C55EE.exe

8. close exe form another exe

9. need cw21lpex.exe or c4lpex.exe

10. Running one EXE from another EXE

11. making the exe readonly / exe in a network

12. EXE + DLL ----> EXE