processing variable length records in text file
Author Message
 processing variable length records in text file

in the good old DOS days (Clarion for DOS 2.1) I could read a text
file where each line was delimited with CR/LF....
Can this be done with CW5? if so how? I do most of this kind of thing
by hand so need the syntax..... thanks

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 processing variable length records in text file
Sure, just use the ACII driver.
But there is a recent thread (past 2 weeks) on problems writing data back
into the file (if, God forbid, you should need to).
Quote:

>in the good old DOS days (Clarion for DOS 2.1) I could read a text
>file where each line was delimited with CR/LF....
>Can this be done with CW5? if so how? I do most of this kind of thing
>by hand so need the syntax..... thanks

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Processing variable length/variable data files

2. Getting true length of a variable length record - IBM Mainframe

3. Finding Variable-Length Record Length

4. Import dos file variable record length

5. Reading variable-length records from a file

6. How to access files with variable length records?

7. How to access files with variable length records?

8. Sorting a file with variable length records.

9. Accessing variable-length records files in C-ISAM standard

10. How to read a binary file with variable length record

11. text data file record length has limit ???

12. Processing Variable Length Files