Pasting images from clipboard to file
Author Message
 Pasting images from clipboard to file

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi all !!

Does anyone know how to copy pictures from clipboard to file
with out saving it first to disk under some name and then save it
to the imagefield?

I have an application which takes pictures of the customer when you
press a button.  The picture is on the clipboard and I want to save it
in the customer file.  So every time this customer arrives and his/her
magnetic stripe card is scanned his/her picture will pop up along whith
all other info about this customer.

Thank you all very much for your previous support!! :) :)

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pasting images from clipboard to file

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Kristjan,

I've never done it, but check the examples and or the book.  In there
they show you how to retrieve directly from the clipboard.

It looks simple, something like GETCLIPBOARD()....

HTH,

Douglas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to copy pictures from clipboard to file
> with out saving it first to disk under some name and then save it
> to the imagefield?

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pasting images from clipboard to file

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Doug,

Quote:
> I've never done it, but check the examples and or the book.  In there
> they show you how to retrieve directly from the clipboard.
> It looks simple, something like GETCLIPBOARD()....

One item not covered in the manual is that the Clarion Clipboard
functions only handle TEXT.  I have complained about this many times
but  . . . . .

I wish AT LEAST they would correct the manual to reflect the loss of
functionality.

Software Developers.  "Developing Systems Quickly Because time is money" TM

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pasting images from clipboard to file

                       - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Jon,

Sounds like me and Presskey()...

Douglas

> One item not covered in the manual is that the Clarion Clipboard
> functions only handle TEXT.  I have complained about this many times
> but  . . . . .

> I wish AT LEAST they would correct the manual to reflect the loss of
> functionality.

> Software Developers.  "Developing Systems Quickly Because time is money" TM

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Pasting images from clipboard to file

Quote:

>                        - - - - - - - - - -
> Doug,

> > I've never done it, but check the examples and or the book.  In there
> > they show you how to retrieve directly from the clipboard.
> > It looks simple, something like GETCLIPBOARD()....

> One item not covered in the manual is that the Clarion Clipboard
> functions only handle TEXT.  I have complained about this many times
> but  . . . . .

> I wish AT LEAST they would correct the manual to reflect the loss of
> functionality.

Actually, I think GETCLIPBOARD() will get whatever you want from the
clipboard, but the parameter where you pass the format you want is not
documented.

Try passing the format you want to retrieve as a parameter. Let's see, a
bitmap is CF_BITMAP, now that's 2:

CF_TEXT equate(1)
CF_BITMAP   equate(2)
CF_METAFILEPICT equate(3)
CF_SYLK equate(4)
CF_DIF  equate(5)
CF_TIFF equate(6)
CF_OEMTEXT  equate(7)
CF_DIB  equate(8)
CF_PALETTE  equate(9)
CF_PENDATA  equate(10)
CF_RIFF equate(11)
CF_WAVE equate(12)
CF_OWNERDISPLAY equate(80h)
CF_DSPTEXT  equate(81h)
CF_DSPBITMAP    equate(82h)
CF_DSPMETAFILEPICT  equate(83h)
CF_PRIVATEFIRST equate(200h)
CF_PRIVATELAST  equate(2FFh)
CF_GDIOBJFIRST  equate(300h)
CF_GDIOBJLAST   equate(3FFh)

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
Find resources mentioned in this newsgroup:
   http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/clarion/

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Paste From Clipboard To Image Control

2. Paste Image from clipboard to blob in ver 2.003

3. paste an image from the clipboard

4. Clipboard .bmp Image --> file, Printer

5. A image file to Clipboard

6. Clipboard Image To Clarion Image

7. Paste to clipboard with toolboxes, help!

8. Pasting from clipboard

9. Pasting from the clipboard

10. Pasting from clipboard with Tkinter

11. X clipboard - Cut Copy Paste?

12. How to paste to Clipboard from tcl using Win32 Tcl