Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Author Message
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app

Hi everyone,

I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to disk
in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to do
this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks,
Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:01:02 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Hi Abe,

You can easily do it using eztwain.dll from www.dosadi.com

--
Leonid Chudakov

Cool tools and {*filter*} Clarion examples at
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
disk
> in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to do
> this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:09:40 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Voodoo for Clarion?

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
disk
> in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to do
> this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:29:20 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Check out the NextAge Templates
www.thenextage.com

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com
Direct Fax Number 209.729.4590

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
disk
> in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to do
> this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:46:00 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Try the Next Age Imaging templates.  Check out the demo it is easy.
http://www.thenextage.com/tools.htm

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
disk
> in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to do
> this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> Thanks,
> Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:30:22 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Hi,

TheNextAge templates only support saving images to .tif files and I need
.jpg

Thanks

Quote:
> Try the Next Age Imaging templates.  Check out the demo it is easy.
> http://www.thenextage.com/tools.htm

> > Hi everyone,

> > I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> > etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
> disk
> > in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to
do
> > this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:25:57 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Hi,

TheNextAge templates only support saving images to .tif files and I need
.jpg

Thanks

Quote:
> Check out the NextAge Templates
> www.thenextage.com

> --
> Eric Jacobowitz

> http://www.castlecomputer.com
> Direct Fax Number 209.729.4590

> > Hi everyone,

> > I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> > etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
> disk
> > in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to
do
> > this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:26:11 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Hi Kelvin,

Do you use voodoo?  I looked in their web site, and the only demo they have
is an old one.  The product does seem to do what I need, but seems somewhat
cumbersome to use.  There were also a lot of negative comments on their
message board.

Thanks for your help.

Abe

Quote:
> Voodoo for Clarion?

> Thanks.

> Kelvin Chua
> SINGAPORE

> > Hi everyone,

> > I need to prompt a user for some information in a window, like file name
> > etc, then scan an image with a twain compliant scanner  and save it to
> disk
> > in with the name and directory the user entered.  I have no idea how to
do
> > this.  Can anyone offer some suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > Abe

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:38:44 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Abe,

Quote:
> TheNextAge templates only support saving images to .tif files and I need
> .jpg

I don't know exactly what the nextage templates are doing, but the OCX they
use (Kodak imaging) allow to save scanned documents in many different file
formats. it MUST be a tiff file only if you want to have a multi-page
documents in only one file. I think I know that pretty well as I originally
wrote the hand coded program from which the NextAge templates have been
adapted....it should still be available on Icetips as Wang.Zip

Bernard,
San Antonio.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 04:09:33 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
I contacted Pete Halsted from Next Age, and below is what he told me:

To further answer your question from the phone.

The templates and the OCX's that I use were designed for document storage
and therefore internally store everything as multipage tif files. There is a
procedure in the templates that will export the image out as either an AWD
(fax) file or as individual BMP files (one for each page). The templates can
read in most formats but then saves everything out as a TIF file.

Quote:
> Abe,

> > TheNextAge templates only support saving images to .tif files and I need
> > .jpg

> I don't know exactly what the nextage templates are doing, but the OCX
they
> use (Kodak imaging) allow to save scanned documents in many different file
> formats. it MUST be a tiff file only if you want to have a multi-page
> documents in only one file. I think I know that pretty well as I
originally
> wrote the hand coded program from which the NextAge templates have been
> adapted....it should still be available on Icetips as Wang.Zip

> Bernard,
> San Antonio.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:19:11 GMT
 Scanning documents from a Clarion app
Abe,

I wouldn't recommend Voodoo.  I bought it and had nothing but trouble
from the start.  I never did get it to work and could never get help.  I
have at least 10 people who emailed me that they had similar
experiences.

Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:16:05 GMT

1. Printing Word Document in Clarion App

2. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

3. Close a Clarion app from another Clarion app?

4. Scan Document

5. Scanning and indexing documents

6. CW and document scanning

7. scanning documents

8. Is Scan String for Tokens documented correctly?

9. Voice Mail, FAX and Document Scanning in Clipper or VO

10. Drag and drop, Clarion to non-Clarion app

11. Convert app from clarion 4 to clarion 5.5

12. running Clarion for DOS app out of Clarion 5.5