How to make a computer the dial up networking host>
Author Message
 How to make a computer the dial up networking host>

I want to dial in from one computer to another so I can MAP a network drive
to test my app in a dial-up environment.  How do I make a computer act as a
dial up host?  PCAnywhere does not seem to support this.

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a computer the dial up networking host>

When I set up my first network I asked for advise from this group. Most was
helpful however when it came to dial up I couldnt get all the answers.
YOu need adialup network server . The software comes with windows 98.
Look at the following site and you will find that info and everything else you
could possibly need.
http://www.helmig.com/
David R Silver  MD

Quote:

> I want to dial in from one computer to another so I can MAP a network drive
> to test my app in a dial-up environment.  How do I make a computer act as a
> dial up host?  PCAnywhere does not seem to support this.

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a computer the dial up networking host>
    That depends of the operating system you'r using.
    For example with Win95 you have to install PLUS
    to get DUN server, or try get MSDUN13.EXE, with
    this upgrade you can have DUN server with following
    way:
    Run upgrade, go to control panel and double click add/
    remove programs, tab to Windows setup, locate communications
    select Dial-up server, OK everything. After rebooting, goto
    My computer, double click Dial-up networking, select
    connections from the menu and voila, there you have your
    server :)
    I think that the way with Win98 is similar accept that DUN13
    upgrade part.
    With NT you have to go to network setup and add RAS
    service as part of the networking. Nothing hard to do.

    Regards,
    Ville

Quote:
> I want to dial in from one computer to another so I can MAP a network
drive
> to test my app in a dial-up environment.  How do I make a computer act as
> dial up host?  PCAnywhere does not seem to support this.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. -> Computer Programming Made Simple <-

2. Lock-ups on Network

3. Dial Up Networking

4. Help with Win95, VAST, and Dial up Networking

5. Dial Up Networking - Best Way

6. dial-up network for clarion app

7. Dial Up Networking

8. Dial up networking

9. Execute Dial-Up Networking

10. Dial up networking.

11. Clipper on Dial-Up Networking

12. creating a dial-up-network connectoid programatically