Odd problem with run-time linking to a clarion dll from a non-clarion app
Author Message
 Odd problem with run-time linking to a clarion dll from a non-clarion app

C5WE, Legacy

Hi,
    I'm having a weird problem when run-time linking (ie using LoadLibrary
etc) to a Clarion DLL from a non-clarion app (namely a Visual C program).
What happens is when we call a clarion procedure that has a window with an
edit control in it, play with the edit control then quit, the program will
crash and the system then becomes unstable (like all the resources get
chewed up and not returned). Testing further we found that it works
perfectly if you use load-time linking or use run-time linking and don't
call FreeLibrary(). Unfortunatly we need to use run-time linking so
load-time linking is not suitable.

Has anyone come across this problem before and/or know how to solve it, it
would be most appreciated.

Brent

PS: Before anyone asks - yes I have the calling conventions correct.

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:19:37 GMT

1. Drag and drop, Clarion to non-Clarion app

2. Prototyping in Clarion a (non-Clarion) dll function

3. multiple non-clarion dlls and link errors

4. running Clarion for DOS app out of Clarion 5.5

5. Convert Clarion 2.0 app to Clarion 5.5 apps.

6. Close a Clarion app from another Clarion app?

7. problem after conversion app to clarion 4 to 5.5 with dlls

8. problems with clarion app running on SUN system

9. How to co-ordinate window refresh between Clarion and non-Clarion components

10. TO ALL CLARION GURUS: Non-Clarion pgrmr needs a .TPS->ASCII tool

11. Implementing a non Clarion DLL

12. Non Clarion DLL - error