Parameter passing to MDI procedure
Author Message
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure

Hey TS guys...

According to the manual, you start an MDI procedure that accepts parameters
by simply

   start( procedure, 10000, parameter )

where 10000 refers to the stack, which can be omitted.

The compiler insists in not accepting this call, and gives me a message
saying that INCORRECT PROTOTYPE, and the likes...

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:50:09 GMT
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure
Gustavo,

The 3 additional parameters for Start() can only be String.  Check the data
type of the variable you are passing.

Rob

Quote:
> Hey TS guys...

> According to the manual, you start an MDI procedure that accepts
parameters
> by simply

>    start( procedure, 10000, parameter )

> where 10000 refers to the stack, which can be omitted.

> The compiler insists in not accepting this call, and gives me a message
> saying that INCORRECT PROTOTYPE, and the likes...

> What am I doing wrong?

> TIA

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:05:44 GMT
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure
see the clarionmag article "The nuts and bolts of parameter passing"

--
Kind regards,
James Cooke

Quote:
> Hey TS guys...

> According to the manual, you start an MDI procedure that accepts
parameters
> by simply

>    start( procedure, 10000, parameter )

> where 10000 refers to the stack, which can be omitted.

> The compiler insists in not accepting this call, and gives me a message
> saying that INCORRECT PROTOTYPE, and the likes...

> What am I doing wrong?

> TIA

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:07:19 GMT
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure
Got it Bob,

Im indeed passing some long values... hummm seems I gonna have to work this
thing out.

Thanks

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:11:48 GMT
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure
Gustavo -

You can still pass the LONG as a STRING, or you can use the thread
manager template that I posted on Clarionmag.

http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/cospfiles.html

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:11:48 -0300, "Gustavo Pinsard"

Quote:

>Im indeed passing some long values... hummm seems I gonna have to work this
>thing out.

Jeff Slarve
http://www.jssoftware.com

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 02:13:05 GMT
 Parameter passing to MDI procedure

Quote:
>You can still pass the LONG as a STRING, or you can use the thread
>manager template that I posted on Clarionmag.

Just rember to use DEFORMAT or you can get in trouble with the ','-sign
in lagerer number like  100,000.

eks    Str_Value = DEFORMAT(Value)

Kjetil Nesheim
More Computers

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:35:05 GMT

1. Passing procedures as parameters to procedures.

2. Passing procedure parameters problem

3. How to Procedure-parameter pass to DLL?

4. Passing Parameters To Main Procedure

5. Passing Parameter from Browse to Update Procedure

6. Passing procedures as parameters in dll

7. Pass matrix as parameter of procedure

8. Parameter Passing to Procedures

9. Passing Signals as parameters to procedures.

10. Summary of "Passing procedures as parameters"

11. Passing Procedures as Parameters

12. Passing a parameter Rexx to JCL and return a parameter to JCL