Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)
Author Message
 Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)

I just started getting a link error on an existing multi-dll application.
The error I get is:

(ctwbus.map 1,1) Link error: Unresolved External

(ctwbus.map 2,1) Link error: Unresolved External

I've checked the project settings and they look correct. I've also
recompiled all DLL's and the EXE in the application using Compile Manager.
Looking in the exp for the offending dll I see the information shown below .

have caused this. Better yet, anyone know how I resolve this?

From CTWNTE.EXP:
----------------
NAME 'ctwnte' GUI
EXPORTS

;Start of Exported Procedures

;End of Exported Procedures
;Start of Exported Global Data
;End of Exported Global Data
----------------

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)
Hello!

Quote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:31:49 -0500
> I just started getting a link error on an existing multi-dll application.
> The error I get is:

> (ctwbus.map 1,1) Link error: Unresolved External

> (ctwbus.map 2,1) Link error: Unresolved External

> I've checked the project settings and they look correct. I've also
> recompiled all DLL's and the EXE in the application using Compile Manager.
> Looking in the exp for the offending dll I see the information shown

> what could have caused this. Better yet, anyone know how I resolve this?

You have prototyped UPDNTE procedure in CTWBUS.APP incorrectly. Verify the
list of parameters of this procedure in CTWNTE and in CTWBUS.

Alexey Solovjev

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)
Alexey, you are correct. Can you share how were you able to tell that from
what I provided? Might help me with future problems. Thanks.

Quote:

>Hello!

>> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:31:49 -0500

>> I just started getting a link error on an existing multi-dll application.
>> The error I get is:

>> (ctwbus.map 1,1) Link error: Unresolved External

>> (ctwbus.map 2,1) Link error: Unresolved External

>> I've checked the project settings and they look correct. I've also
>> recompiled all DLL's and the EXE in the application using Compile
Manager.
>> Looking in the exp for the offending dll I see the information shown

>> what could have caused this. Better yet, anyone know how I resolve this?

>You have prototyped UPDNTE procedure in CTWBUS.APP incorrectly. Verify the
>list of parameters of this procedure in CTWNTE and in CTWBUS.

>Alexey Solovjev

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Link Error - Unresolved External (C4bg ABC)
Hello!

Quote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:50:43 -0500
> Alexey, you are correct. Can you share how were you able to tell that from
> what I provided? Might help me with future problems. Thanks.

For languages which support functions names overloading compilers should
generate so called mangled external names for functions. Such external
name includes encoded information about function's parameters that allow
to distinct different functions with the same label. In CW information

names of the UPDNTE function had different "parameters description" part.

Alexey Solovjev

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. C4/ABC Unresolved External Error

2. Link Error: Unresolved External _CLAFindWindow@ in .....

3. Link Error: Unresolved External Wsl@LibInstance in BTRWON.OBJ

4. C4c --- Link Error: Unresolved External

5. C4c --- Link Error: Unresolved External

6. Link Error: Unresolved external file

7. Link Error: UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL Datafixes @F - in MAIN(FRAME)

8. Link Error: unresolved external CLARION

9. Link Error: Unresolved External

10. Linking Error - Unresolved External DOS in Marke045.obj

11. Unresolved external link errors in 32-bit

12. Link Error: Unresolved external GETWINDOWTASK