Dropdown / Browsebox combinations
Author Message
 Dropdown / Browsebox combinations

I've got a drop down box and this is related to a browse box by a many to
many relationship.  The drop down box represents categories and the browse
box represents companies.  Subsequently each company can belong to many
categories and each category can have many companies.

When I select an option to not use a category but to display all the clients
it is display each category in full.  However, if a company is in more than
one category it is being displayed for each category.  However, the list is
ordered in company name so it is possible to end up with the same company
filling one page of the browse box.

Does anybody know how I can filter out multiple entries for each company ?

Mark

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:09:04 GMT
 Dropdown / Browsebox combinations
In SetQueueRecord:

If com:Name = previousName
  return level:benign
  previousName = com:Name
End
previousName = com:name

might do.

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:
> I've got a drop down box and this is related to a browse box by a many to
> many relationship.  The drop down box represents categories and the browse
> box represents companies.  Subsequently each company can belong to many
> categories and each category can have many companies.

> When I select an option to not use a category but to display all the
clients
> it is display each category in full.  However, if a company is in more
than
> one category it is being displayed for each category.  However, the list
is
> ordered in company name so it is possible to end up with the same company
> filling one page of the browse box.

> Does anybody know how I can filter out multiple entries for each company ?

> Mark

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:18:31 GMT
 Dropdown / Browsebox combinations

Quote:
> In SetQueueRecord:
> If com:Name = previousName
>   return level:benign
>   previousName = com:Name
> End
> previousName = com:name

This solution did not work.

Placing the code before or after Parent call gives compiler error "Cannot
RETURN value from procedure".  Removing the level:benign compiles fine but
does nothing to the resulting browse list.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Mark

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:16:23 GMT
 Dropdown / Browsebox combinations
Try Cycle

--

Steve Parker

Knowledge base: www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/faqs/theFaqs.exe.0
Download Center: www.cwicweb.com/apps/c5launch.dll/d7.exe.0

Quote:

> > In SetQueueRecord:
> > If com:Name = previousName
> >   return level:benign
> >   previousName = com:Name
> > End
> > previousName = com:name

> This solution did not work.

> Placing the code before or after Parent call gives compiler error "Cannot
> RETURN value from procedure".  Removing the level:benign compiles fine but
> does nothing to the resulting browse list.

> Do you have any more suggestions?

> Mark

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:51:11 GMT
 Dropdown / Browsebox combinations
Hi all,

Quote:

> Does anybody know how I can filter out multiple entries for each >company

?

   Add an local variable to the procedure, call it OldValue or something
make it the same size and type as the column you want to filter or an ANY
type.

In the ValidateRecord method after the parent call,

  if (Pre:Field = OldValue)
    ReturnValue = Record:Filtered
  end
  OldValue = Pre:Field

  Dennis

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:54:40 GMT

1. How to make a combo/dropdown dropdown?

2. Closing an open browsebox when another browsebox opens

3. combobox vs dropdown

4. Alias with DropDown Combo

5. File DropDown Combo box

6. Dropdown disabled!

7. Filling a DropDown Combo box ( 2.003 converted to 4 )

8. Clarion web dropdown list box

9. DBF file and Dropdown Combo

10. DropDown on Browse

11. Display names in browse based on dropdown box

12. EIP with a DropDown List