ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"
Author Message
 ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"

Hi All,

Using CW5 ABC,
I  am using Local Variables instead of data field due to some reasons( I
have to use them). After the local variable fields were accepted(or in the
course of being accepted), I check the validataion of the data(with Routine
or in the same field accepted code). With validation code, the data was
checked and turned out to be wrong, I cleared local variable and asked to
re-input the data. So with the new data(right), I got GPF message, "Corrup
block/unknow block type freed. This is probably caused by freeing a static
variable or a bad pointer." Meanwhile checking all the local variables,
found out them initialized.

Static vars means File data, right? Bad pointer means data position? Tried
to hold them with savefile/restorefile, of no use. I checked/validated one
local variable.

TIA
JH

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ERROR "Corrupt Block/Unknown Block Freed"

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Using CW5 ABC,
> I  am using Local Variables instead of data field due to some reasons(
> have to use them). After the local variable fields were accepted(or in
the
> course of being accepted), I check the validataion of the data(with
Routine
> or in the same field accepted code). With validation code, the data
was
> checked and turned out to be wrong, I cleared local variable and asked
> re-input the data. So with the new data(right), I got GPF message,
"Corrup
> block/unknow block type freed. This is probably caused by freeing a
static
> variable or a bad pointer." Meanwhile checking all the local
variables,
> found out them initialized.

> Static vars means File data, right? Bad pointer means data position?
Tried
> to hold them with savefile/restorefile, of no use. I checked/validated
one
> local variable.

A static variable is one that is declared as static.
static means, that the memory is allocated during compile-time.
A static variable exists as long as the module(procedure,program)
exists. Thats the reason that static variables vould not be freed.

A pointer is a reference to variable.

BTW, i had this error message too.
So if you find out why you get this error it would be nice if you could
post it.

cheers

Ralf

Quote:

> TIA
> JH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupt block/unknown block type freed bug

2. "Blocking and non-blocking" assignments

3. threaded tcl "alloc: invalid block" errors

4. Smalllint reporting "Methods with full blocks"

5. "Blocks" in Java

6. Anyone seen this: Corrupt block/unknown block type freed?

7. Accessing a block's "receiver"

8. "yield called out of block"

9. "BLOCK DATA" blues

10. HELP - neighbors "block world"