Reclaim Records
Author Message
 Reclaim Records

To all:
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to setting Reclaim on in the
dictionary?  We are looking at issues regarding file corruption and want to
explore all possibilities, including network cards, connections, et al.
Reclaim setting might not be an issue but we are just wondering.  We are
using 2003 on NT Server 4.0.
Thanks for any responses.
Terry Moor

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 02:45:41 GMT
 Reclaim Records
Terry,

Quote:
> Are there any advantages/disadvantages to setting Reclaim on in the
> dictionary?  We are looking at issues regarding file corruption

None. The "Reclaim" checkbox should be disabled with
Topspeed files since they *always* reclaim deleted record-
space, regardless of this setting.

--
Best regards,
Maarten

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:55:02 GMT
 Reclaim Records
Maarten:
Thanks..I didn't know that.
Terry

Quote:
> Terry,

> > Are there any advantages/disadvantages to setting Reclaim on in the
> > dictionary?  We are looking at issues regarding file corruption

> None. The "Reclaim" checkbox should be disabled with
> Topspeed files since they *always* reclaim deleted record-
> space, regardless of this setting.

> --
> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5EEgold
> Certainly Clarion Developer

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:15:42 GMT
 Reclaim Records
Terry,

I believe there were some minor improvements made to the TPS driver shortly
after 2003 (I believe starting in C4).
These corrections were the last few known problems with the TPS driver.
Very stable since then.
Problems are going to be the network or OS settings every time.

Doug

Quote:
> To all:
> Are there any advantages/disadvantages to setting Reclaim on in the
> dictionary?  We are looking at issues regarding file corruption and want
> explore all possibilities, including network cards, connections, et al.
> Reclaim setting might not be an issue but we are just wondering.  We are
> using 2003 on NT Server 4.0.
> Thanks for any responses.
> Terry Moor

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:46:48 GMT

1. Reclaim Records Won't?

2. Speed increase not using Reclaim Deleted Records

3. Reclaim Deleted Record with Auto Number Set

4. RECLAIM and PACK

5. Clipper Driver - Reclaim

6. haskell fails to reclaim sufficient space

7. Reclaiming Memory after removeChildren

8. Reclaiming PSP space for TSRs?

9. Reclaiming space with CMUCL

10. How to reclaim screen space?

11. unset does not reclaim memory?

12. Convert comma-delimited records to fixed length records