Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems
Author Message
 Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems

I have a dos app that I write and compile on a win 3.1 machine.  This app runs
on a win 95 system networked with Novell (i think) .  It has run and printed
fine for several years.  This office, this week, tried to install Office 2000
and had to abort it because of disk space issue.  Since then, every time they
go to print - they get that 'Disk error during print' .   Any ideas - they are
stressed and I need to help them asap.  Thanks.

Don

Don Schwirtlich
Clarion since 1988
    C5ee, C4, C2003
Trying to understand my 'abc's

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems
Don, check again,

Control panel
Printers
Set as default ?
Properties
Details
Spool settings, print direct to printer
Port settings, do NOT spool msdos print jobs
I think these apply to printer connected to pc,
a networked printer may be different.
Maybe the Office install messed these settings.
HTH
--

Martin
CPD2.1, C4a ABC 32 bit Clarion Filedriver Win95

tel +27+331+433323

Quote:
> I have a dos app that I write and compile on a win 3.1

machine.  This app runs
Quote:
> on a win 95 system networked with Novell (i think) .  It
has run and printed
> fine for several years.  This office, this week, tried to
install Office 2000
> and had to abort it because of disk space issue.  Since

then, every time they
Quote:
> go to print - they get that 'Disk error during print' .

Any ideas - they are
Quote:
> stressed and I need to help them asap.  Thanks.

> Don

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems

Quote:
>Spool settings, print direct to printer
>Port settings, do NOT spool msdos print jobs
>I think these apply to printer connected to pc,
>a networked printer may be different.

Martin, thanks so much - those settings along with the RAW setting seem to have
fixed the problem here on my local machine - I cant get on the network over at
the hospital until Monday so I pray that these fixes will work there - Thanks
again.

Don Schwirtlich
Clarion since 1988
    C5ee, C4, C2003
Trying to understand my 'abc's

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems
I had a customer at a bowling center recently upgrade from windows 31 to
98.  He had problems with printing until I set his new computer to
prevent spooling MS-Dos applications.  Clarion 2.x won't work unless it
prints directly to the printer port!

Roger

Quote:

> >Spool settings, print direct to printer
> >Port settings, do NOT spool msdos print jobs
> >I think these apply to printer connected to pc,
> >a networked printer may be different.

> Martin, thanks so much - those settings along with the RAW setting seem to have
> fixed the problem here on my local machine - I cant get on the network over at
> the hospital until Monday so I pray that these fixes will work there - Thanks
> again.

> Don Schwirtlich
> Clarion since 1988
>     C5ee, C4, C2003
> Trying to understand my 'abc's

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

2. Clarion 2.1 (Dos) printing

3. Printing images in Clarion for DOS 2.1

4. Clarion for DOS 2.1 - printing errors -printer not ready

5. printing problems running dos 2.1 apps under win98

6. Problem printing (DOS CPD 2.1) in Win95

7. Clarion 2.1 DOS Date problems.

8. Problems with Clarion 2.1 DOS under Windows95 and Novell 3.12

9. Clarion DOS 2.1 and year 2000 problem

10. Clarion for DOS 2.1 Memo Field Problem

11. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

12. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS