HotSynch to Plam
Author Message
 HotSynch to Plam

Does anyone know how to add a file to the INSTALL for HOTSYNCH for the palm?
I want to do this from within my C55 app, without going into the palm
desktop app and clicking install and then selecting the files

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Direct Fax Number 209.729.4590

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:42:48 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
If its a program, just put it in the addin folder.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 04:22:23 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Everythtng in the addin folder automatically gets hotsynched?  i didnt think
so

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com
Direct Fax Number 209.729.4590

Quote:
> If its a program, just put it in the addin folder.

> ---
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear Development
> http://www.granitebear.com

> Software for professional photography studios
> and non-profit organizations

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:28:30 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Hi Eric/Mark

I just got a Palm like (Handspring) and I need
to transport Data from and to this one from a
Clarion database.
Also need to write a program for our salesraps.
Can you help me to choose a developpers environment
I'm taking a look at CASL now.

Can you put me in the right direction ?

thanks

Jos

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:44:45 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Jos,
Clarion Magazine will be publishing an article sometime soon on 'Interfacing
the Palm with Clarion using Satellite Forms'
Regards,
Randy

Quote:
> Hi Eric/Mark

> I just got a Palm like (Handspring) and I need
> to transport Data from and to this one from a
> Clarion database.
> Also need to write a program for our salesraps.
> Can you help me to choose a developpers environment
> I'm taking a look at CASL now.

> Can you put me in the right direction ?

> thanks

> Jos

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:56:28 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
It is amazing how Clarion Mag can more than pay for itself with just one
article.  And to think that there are SEVERAL articles every month!  Looking
forward to this piece and renewing my subscription.  Do you happen to know
when this will appear?

            /ken

Quote:
> Jos,
> Clarion Magazine will be publishing an article sometime soon on
'Interfacing
> the Palm with Clarion using Satellite Forms'
> Regards,
> Randy

> > Hi Eric/Mark

> > I just got a Palm like (Handspring) and I need
> > to transport Data from and to this one from a
> > Clarion database.
> > Also need to write a program for our salesraps.
> > Can you help me to choose a developpers environment
> > I'm taking a look at CASL now.

> > Can you put me in the right direction ?

> > thanks

> > Jos

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:05:38 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Ken,

Quote:
> It is amazing how Clarion Mag can more than pay for itself with just one
> article.  And to think that there are SEVERAL articles every month!

Many thanks! I do feel obligated to point out that there are often several
articles each week, not just each month<g>.

Quote:
> Do you happen to know
> when this will appear?

Should be out next week - there will be a double holiday issue on or about
the 21st.

Dave

Dave Harms

In-depth Clarion articles, news, tips & tricks
Plus the Clarion Online Archives!
Clarion Magazine: http://www.clarionmag.com

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:19:01 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Great!  I was going to buy my wife a Handspring for Christmas, now I'll buy
the faster one and write it off of my taxes!! <g>

            /ken

Quote:

> > Do you happen to know
> > when this will appear?

> Should be out next week - there will be a double holiday issue on or about
> the 21st.

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:32:56 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Hi Ken,
I've just bought the Visor Platinum, complete with
backup module and 8Mb flash, it is quicker than
the normal one.It works great.

For databases also take a look at :
www.ddhsoftware.com and look at handbase.

regards Jos

Quote:

>Great!  I was going to buy my wife a Handspring for Christmas, now I'll buy
>the faster one and write it off of my taxes!! <g>

>            /ken

>> > Do you happen to know
>> > when this will appear?

>> Should be out next week - there will be a double holiday issue on or about
>> the 21st.

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:25:42 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
I have HandBase, but I cant get the convert to convert from CSV to PDB from
the command line
When I run their app it works no problem, but when I try the command line, I
cant get it to work, ahve you tried this?

--

Thanks
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.castlecomputer.com
Direct Fax Number 1.209.729.4590

Quote:
> Hi Ken,
> I've just bought the Visor Platinum, complete with
> backup module and 8Mb flash, it is quicker than
> the normal one.It works great.

> For databases also take a look at :
> www.ddhsoftware.com and look at handbase.

> regards Jos

> >Great!  I was going to buy my wife a Handspring for Christmas, now I'll
buy
> >the faster one and write it off of my taxes!! <g>

> >            /ken

> >> Should be out next week - there will be a double holiday issue on or
about
> >> the 21st.

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 23:36:35 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam

Quote:

> Everythtng in the addin folder automatically gets hotsynched?  i didnt think
> so

The things Ive put there have, yes. Mostly ebooks.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 00:43:33 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Hi Eric,
No, I haven't done yet.
At moment I'm finding out the database layout from a PDB file
so I can create it my own in a CW app.
Then there is no need for a converter (external)

Maybe somebody knows it....?

One thing hard to do with HandBase is that you can't create a
global (memory) variable.
So I need to look at some other develop environments.

Jos

Quote:

>I have HandBase, but I cant get the convert to convert from CSV to PDB from
>the command line
>When I run their app it works no problem, but when I try the command line, I
>cant get it to work, ahve you tried this?

>--

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 18:58:06 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Hi,

If I may jump in:
The following code converts from CSV to PDB:

! Sends 'ind_fil' to HANDDESK.EXE for convertion
!------------------------------------------------------------
! Palm Databasename
LOC:DBnavn            = 'Pilot' & clip(ind_fil)
! Get path to convert-prog
LOC:PilotHandDeskSti  = getini('PilotGenerelt', 'HandDeskSti', ,
GLO:IniFil )
! Overwrite Palm ?
IF getini('PilotGenerelt', 'OverskrivePilotfil', , GLO:IniFil )
     LOC:Overskriv = 'PDB:OVERWRITE'
else
     LOC:Overskriv = ''
end

!Build commandline
LOC:Parameter = 'COMMAND:TOPDB '                     &    |
   'PDB:INFILE:{{'  & CLIP(GLO:ProgSti) & '\' & clip(ind_fil) & '.csv}
'      & |
   'PDB:OUTFILE:{{' & clip(ind_fil) & '.pdb} '                &    |
   'PDB:DBNAME:{{'  & clip(getini(LOC:DBnavn, 'PilotDatabaseNavn', ,
GLO:IniFil )) & '} '         & |
   'PDB:AUTOINSTALL:{{' & clip(getini('PilotGenerelt',
'AutoinstallBrugernummer', , GLO:IniFil )) & '} '          & |
   'PDB:HASQOUTES PDB:FIELDNAMES '                         & |
   clip(LOC:Overskriv)

! Inform the user
  message(LOC:PilotHanddesksti & '|' & LOC:Parameter, 'Run kommando')

! Run the convertion
  run(LOC:PilotHandDeskSti & ' ' & LOC:Parameter, 1)

(above code wraps badly in the news-reader - but you get the idea)

Kind regards
Poul Jensen

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:36:35 -0500, "Eric Jacobowitz"

Quote:

>I have HandBase, but I cant get the convert to convert from CSV to PDB from
>the command line
>When I run their app it works no problem, but when I try the command line, I
>cant get it to work, ahve you tried this?

--------------------
MariSoft
Denmark

www.marisoft.dk
----------------

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:50:08 GMT
 HotSynch to Plam
Some years ago I located RTAccess on http://www.wwg.com/ It was a toolkit to
hotsync dBase and Access databases to the Palm Pilot's standard
applications. Then I believe it was freeware and it is still in my download
folder. You simply added some fields to your database and their software
looked after the hotsync.

Exerpt from their documentation follows, I never did anything with it, I
think it is now a commercial product.

Rod Wbster

RTAccess? is a product created for developers who want to easily synchronize
their custom applications with the standard databases on the PalmPilot?,
including Address Book, Date Book, Memo Pad and To Do List.

In the past, developers wanting this functionality had to create a custom
"conduit" that plugs into the HotSync process. Creating a conduit is a
fairly complicated procedure that involves working with the SyncManager API
to access databases on the PalmPilot, translating the field types to and
from native PalmPilot data formats, and reading/writing this information to
local databases on the PC. To further complicate the matter, there are many
issues with resolving conflicts in records that have been modified or
deleted on either side of the synchronization. These factors combined with
QA and other development tasks make the conduit creation process long and
complicated.

The Windward Group has been creating conduits for the PalmPilot since the
device's inception. Using the combined experience from these projects, we
have created RTAccess?, a robust and full-featured conduit that is easy to
use and integrate into existing and new applications to extend your data
from the desktop to the PalmPilot.

RTAccess will synchronize with many of the popular databases used in today's
applications, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Access, Borland dBase
and Paradox, Microsoft FoxPro and even text-based files such as CSV.

1.  LICENSE TO USE

Customer is granted a non-exclusive and non-transferable license for the
use of the accompanying software in machine-readable form, together with
accompanying documentation ("Software"), on a single computer system on
which the Software can be used by only one user at a time.

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:49:48 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Clarion Web Builder Apps on Plam