Any way to do this.
Author Message
 Any way to do this.

My one app - C5bEE ABC has a one record control file that holds the
Company's Name and address for printing on various reports.

I have one client that is using vpn to connect 3 offices and they want the
Name and address to reflect each of the individual offices.

Since this was developed for a single office network, I don't see anyway
this could be accomplished without rewriting to maybe have this info read
from an ini file.

Any advice on the easiest way to approach this greatly appreciated.

Sat, 21 May 2005 00:45:39 GMT
 Any way to do this.
Hi Don,

Keep the info in an ini file.

What I did. I created a record for each office in the file. than I stored
the record number in the ini file.  When the program starts it reads the ini
file gets the record number it uses and open the file to that record.

Cheers,
angel

Quote:
> My one app - C5bEE ABC has a one record control file that holds the
> Company's Name and address for printing on various reports.

> I have one client that is using vpn to connect 3 offices and they want the
> Name and address to reflect each of the individual offices.

> Since this was developed for a single office network, I don't see anyway
> this could be accomplished without rewriting to maybe have this info read
> from an ini file.

> Any advice on the easiest way to approach this greatly appreciated.

Sat, 21 May 2005 02:25:36 GMT
 Any way to do this.
How do you Identify the location of the control file?  Would it be possible
to keep it off the VPN and therefore have one for each office?

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager

Direct Line:    +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:   +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:            +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:       www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Quote:
> My one app - C5bEE ABC has a one record control file that holds the
> Company's Name and address for printing on various reports.

> I have one client that is using vpn to connect 3 offices and they want the
> Name and address to reflect each of the individual offices.

> Since this was developed for a single office network, I don't see anyway
> this could be accomplished without rewriting to maybe have this info read
> from an ini file.

> Any advice on the easiest way to approach this greatly appreciated.

Sat, 21 May 2005 19:32:46 GMT
 Any way to do this.
Hi Ian,

It is just a tps file.  I think Angel is right.  I have a couple of fields
in this records now for setting/changing the location of 2 dbf files that
pull information from another program.  So by adding another field to this
single record tps file, will be simple set it up.

Thanks to Angel for bringing this up and jogging my memory.  It has been a 2
or 3 years since I have looked at this app and I had completely forgotten
that the structure is already there.

Don Harvey
www.moark.com

: How do you Identify the location of the control file?  Would it be
possible
: to keep it off the VPN and therefore have one for each office?
:
: --
: ---------------------------------------------------
:
: Direct Line:    +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
: Switch Board:   +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
: Fax:            +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

: Web Site:       www.ram-ltd.co.uk
:

: > My one app - C5bEE ABC has a one record control file that holds the
: > Company's Name and address for printing on various reports.
: >
: > I have one client that is using vpn to connect 3 offices and they want
the
: > Name and address to reflect each of the individual offices.
: >
: > Since this was developed for a single office network, I don't see anyway
: > this could be accomplished without rewriting to maybe have this info
read
: > from an ini file.
: >
: > Any advice on the easiest way to approach this greatly appreciated.
: >
: >
:
:

Sat, 21 May 2005 22:45:55 GMT

1. Newbie Question - Usual ways of doing th

2. Newbie Question - Usual ways of doing things.

3. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

4. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

5. Top Ten ways to shoot yourself in the foot

6. ways to collect data from two collections of the same size

7. 27 MILLION WAYS To Make Money

8. How many ways can you get change from N dollars

9. The Many Ways of Sine

10. Object3D.Shape - ways to access/control multiple shapes?

11. Searching for ways to export whole dictionnary to dBase

12. Best Place to trap all ways out of a window